Friday, 3 August 2012

Welcome to the Friday Funny - it's a little risque this week so be warned!

Welcome to the weekend - hope you have lots of good things coming up between now and Monday - even if it's only not going to work!!! How many of you will be glued to the Olympics? Not me for one as I have almost no interest in any sport but, since it's everywhere and there appears to be little else in the way of news, I hear that we are up to 15 medals - YAY - GO TEAM GB

Yesterday I couldn't settle to what I wanted to do, I DID think it would turn out to be a journal page well, I guess you COULD argue that this journals part of a vacation but really it just morphed in to a scrap layout!


The 3D flowers are die cut from white card (and the leaves from green card) and then text stamped on one (and crackle image on the other) using versamark ink before rubbing pan pastels in permanent red tint and magenta over them and sealing with hairspray before curling the petals using my pokey tool! For the centre I just happened to have a large brad with a pink cabochon centre - how handy was that? I also die cut a tag for some journaling. When adhering the photos I only glued the two sides and bottom to the smaller squarer (is that even a word?) photo in order that the tag can be popped in behind that. What about that penny farthing propped up at the kerbside eh? Such a quaint village atmosphere - not the sort of location most Brits think of finding on a visit to Florida - thus proving it's not all about The Mouse!!! The title was stamped using an alphabet from (of all places) Costco, as part of a scrap book kit. We also found an ice cream parlour there (that would be Winter Garden not Costco!), where you pick up a cup (or bowl) and help yourself to ice cream and sprinkles and then pay by weight - mmmmmmmm. Only come across one other although there are probably hundreds if not thousands (pun intended!!!) around the U.S. and elsewhere - and that was in Las Vegas!

Nothing but Olympics on the TV so we had to resort to re-runs of some of our favourite shows. A friend loaned us some DVD's and we have the Harry Potter boxed set to run through too - I suspect we may have to start work on that little stockpile tomorrow! Roll on HARRYPOTTERFEST!

And now for a topical, if rather risque, Friday Funny - if you are easily offended then please don't read on. This week's funny came from Pat once more - thanks Pat. With only slight trepidation I say - ENJOY (it made me chuckle anyway)




















Husband says to wife, "My Olympic condoms have arrived

... I think I'll wear Gold tonight."

Wife says, "Why not wear Silver and come second for a change."



Happy Friday, have a great weekend everyone


6 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

Snigger.... :oD

Great FF Kathy and I love your Wintergarden Layout too. Takes me back....

Lx

scrappyjacky said...

A very pretty page,Kathy.
Love the topical joke.

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

Great scrapbook layout.

I am pretty much an Olympic-free zone too!

Smirked at your Olympic joke though!

Have a great weekend xxx

cheryl Baker said...

oh this is one really super scrapbook layout love it hugs Cherylxxxx

Violets Corner said...

He he, great joke! Love the layout.

Warm hugs
Maarit

Shirley said...

Lovely layout and enjoyed the joke despite not really being an Olympic fan. You have to admire all the efforts that the contestants are making though.