Thursday, 30 August 2012

What happened to Wednesday?

Ever had one of those days when you meant to achieve miracles? Yesterday was one of those days .... I fully intended to wrap a present and then crack on with my "homework" - this tissue box but the day got away from me.

First of all .... my fabulous Inka Gold was found to have dried out .... I tried the Kaisercraft gold acrylic but the finish achieved (first coat) was simply that of gold water! Hmmm - on to plan B) I suspect ..... then I decided to wrap presents for two pals so I broke out the gold Kraft paper (wonderful stuff but tricky to sticky!!!) before deciding that a personalised gift tag was in order ....... I STILL haven't wrapped the second present! Ah well, perhaps a job for today then.


Materials used:
  • Go Kreate tags dies (acquired from Birds in the Barn recently)
  • Gold card,
  • White card
  • Red DCWV Pearlised metallic stack
  • Sparkle 'n Sprinkle Max (mini) inked using Memento tuxedo black
  • Alcohol markers to colour
  • Glossy Accents to simulate glass
  • Crystal stickles to highlight the "bubbles"
  • Gold thread to attach to parcel
  • FOR PARCEL - gold Kraft paper (midpac) and Gold wired ribbon (Costco)

The rather disappointing gold base!

Hubby decided to crack on with our tax forms - for which I thank him from the bottom of my heart! However, he's best left alone whilst doing this and as I had received a text from surrogate daughter2 who said she was home from hospital, where she's been since Sunday (along with her newborn). I decided to head off and make some visits. First off I went to visit my pal, Dorothy, at the short term care home she's in, following a replacement knee and hip earlier in the year. Off I skipped around 2:00 ...... as I approached the facility a poor motorist (and fellow visitor) was wrestling with how on earth to gain access to said care home. As an orderly queue formed the dear soul who was number three in line used her remote!!! and in we all filed. Dorothy was on reasonable form and had her daughter and a friend turn up only about ten minutes after me so we all had a natter. On the way home I decided to swing by SD2's to see how she and Zac were ...... only stayed a short while as I strongly suspect the entire family are suffering sleep deprivation right now.

Got home to find hubby had nearly completed the tax forms so we decided to reward ourselves with a glass of a rather cheeky little red ...... as hubby pulled the cork and I reached for the glasses our phone rang with a neighbour enduring a domestic crisis ......... Unfortunately the neighbour (who has been referred to before) had a mini trauma and enlisted our help...we’re top of the ‘help’ list, apparently. But, on this occasion, she needed the professionals!

Yes, they arrived with sirens and flashing lights too!

FORTUNATELY, no lasting damage or trauma and no firemen were harmed in the course of the crisis!, thank heavens! FYI - there was however one casualty .............. the cheeky little red is no more!!! And, as a footnote .... if you haven't checked your smoke alarm lately, maybe you want to do that TODAY!

Happy Thursday!!!


5 comments:

My name is Wynneth said...

Cheeky little red RIP ;o)

What a busy day your wednesday turned out to be, shame about the Inca Gold :o(

Well done on getting one of the parcels wrapped and I have to say that Max is looking rather splendid on the tag.

Crisis ? Trauma ? was the fire engine actually needed?

My wednesday passed in a haze of getting used to a quiet and peaceful house as lodgers have moved out temporarily for a few days. I couldn't settle to anything, but knew I had to complete my DT card for today on CCT.

Have a great thursday Matey.
luv
wynneth
x

scrappyjacky said...

Well....the one pressie looks splendid!

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

I've just had to have a little nap after reading all your escapades! xxx

Katiejane said...

Cor blimey Kathy, it's all go in your busy week isn't it. And there's me thinking I've got a job on my hands. I do hope your neighbours were ok and the damage was as little as possible!
Good old Steve battling the tax forms. I hope Dorothy is up and about soon and your SD gets some sleep. Oh the newborn days, remember them well :)zzzZZZZ
Katie x

Brenda Brown said...

My goodness, you are on the go at the moment. Hope you have another bottle of red for this evening.
hugs {brenda} xox