Wednesday, 29 August 2012

What's On Your Work Desk Wednesday

Hi folks,

Been a bit quiet on the blogging front since my return from crafting with a pal - actually enjoyed it so much I've not really been able to settle to crafting on my own. HOWEVER and because I had such a fab break I needed a thank you card and I wanted to use some of my newly acquired stash and so .......



Materials used:
  • 14½cm square 300 gsm scallop edged white card and matching envelope
  • 13½ cm square blue card panel
  • 13 cm square white card panel
  • Dylusions doodle inked in Memento tuxedo black and stamped once centrally and then twice more off the edge to create a border.
  • Alcohol inks to colour
  • Hero Arts sentiment inked in Memento Paris dusk and coloured with blue alcohol marker
  • Three blue (oil on water) faux crystal gemstones to embellish
  • Crystal stickles to highlight doodles

It's so funny because the image I've used from that doodles set was one that I was sure would be sat waiting the longest before getting inked - how weird is it that it got to be inked so soon! Now I just need to ink the mushroom and the leaf spray and that will be the lot inked! On to the Artemio set of birds next perhaps, or the clock, or the bee or the Paper Artsy steampunk images or ......... who knows? The World (as they say) is my oyster (or is it lobster?!?!?!).

Yesterday saw us heading to Gloucester for the afternoon, we had an appointment and afterwards thought we would catch up with a few friends, which was nice. It was a lovely day too ....... quite a change from what we woke up to this morning ..... even the birds were trying to get out of the rain! We had four blackbirds enjoying the leftover croissants beneath our patio table - no photos as there was more table than blackbirds! However, they were joined by two of the most bedraggled pigeons who sought shelter on our bird table!




And, since it IS Wednesday and since I WAS set homework whilst with my pal in Essex, I though I SHOULD share where I've got with this project .... I had some fabulous gold paint (Inka Gold) I had planned to use on the base of the tissue box but ..... when I took the lid off I found out that it had dried up and was totally unusable - I TRIED my Kaisercraft gold acrylic paint but, as you can see it's like gold water! On to plan B) Whatever that will be!, sorry teach!, my homework may be a little later than planned.



Oh and I MUST share one last photograph from my few days away with my crafting pal, Lauren, as she coined a phrase that amused me so much I wanted to share.

As I played with Bert's ears like motorbike handlebars .... THE BERTORBIKE" was born!!! - thanks for that Lauren!


Happy Wednesday everyone

10 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

I'm sure she'll love the card,Kathy.

Lilian said...

Great card Kathy, I am sure she will love it. I love the THE BERTORBIKE picture. The poor birds look bedraggled, Hugs
lilian

Suzi B said...

I love the "doodles" card kathy, reminds of cats tails!..lovely
suzi b x

clare said...

fab card kathy, your new stamps look great. x

Katina said...

Fab card Kathy; love the way you've used the doodle stamp.

Lol, love the Berorbike!
xx

xxxtglxxx said...

This is such a lovely and unusual image Kathy :) Gorgeous thank you card hun!

hugs

xxalisonxx

SannaS said...

gorgeous card!! simply stunning!! =)
bertorbike... ;D
hugs, SannaS

Brenda Brown said...

Fabulous card and pics Kathy.
I actually joined woyww for the first time this week, can you believe it's taken me so long?
Hugs Brenda xox

My name is Wynneth said...

Oooo... kathy I'm loving those new stamps - what a fabulous card you made with them. Can't wait to see what you create with the others now. Shame about the Inca Gold paint.

Looks like the Bertobike was your bestest pal during your recent visit !

luv
wynneth
x

Katiejane said...

I sure hope the weather has cheered up for you Kathy. Love the "Bertorbiker" pic, that poor dog! He he he
Katie x