Wednesday, 22 August 2012

What's On Your Work Desk?

Eureka, it's THAT time of the week again .... well, what IS on my workdesk?

Well, I WAS working on a scrap layout of surrogate daughter, husband and their two boys AND a pal had set a sketch challenge using a rather fab sketch AND I had a new set of alphabet stamps .... so I bet you can't imagine what it was on my workdesk then!?!?!?!


Materials used:
  • Colossal paper stack in both 12" x 12" and 8" x 8" (blue stars)
  • White card
  • Blue Holographic card
  • White/gold mulberry paper torn using a waterbrush and a circular die
  • Dimension brick wall image inked in Memento Paris dusk
  • Faber Castell pitt pens for journaling additions and hand drawn border round the smaller scale star strips
  • Paper Mania alphabet stamps inked in Memento Paris Dusk
  • Date stamp to record the dates of the photos and Zac's birth
  • Oil on water blue faux crystal gemstones
It looks better in real life as the photo doesn't really do it justice!

It was Craft Day on QVC yesterday - any of you succumb to any goodies? I looked at the corner punches that seemed fantastic and so much easier than the PATP punches but .... the guy who was demonstrating managed to misalign every one of his cuts which would probably mean that I would too - so I passed on them! There was oodles (and oodles) of card but I have more card than I can probably ever use so I passed on that too. In the end, I bought ..... NOTHING!!

My car was in for an MOT yesterday which, sadly, it failed! BUM! Brake housing corrosion and brake pads, apparently. The garage ordered the parts before lunch from a location in the centre of Bristol ...... unfortunately, the M32 (motorway north out of Bristol) then got closed due to an "incident" adjacent to the motorway. At 16:30 the parts had still not arrived and hubby was sat, patiently, waiting for them to arrive. He rang me so I didn't worry about where he'd got to! Regrettably, a hefty payment was involved but at least I'm legal once again! - oh, and he got home at 17:45!

Have a great Wednesday - I shall be crafting with a pal later! YEEEEEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAAA



6 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

Cars are always a bummer!!!!

Brenda Brown said...

Glad you are back on the road, but what a hassle.
Lovely family layout.
Can't say what the new markers are, I am trying them out for a company who might be importing them.
Have a great day.
hugs Brenda xox

My name is Wynneth said...

Great LO kathy, nice to see the family group and gorgeous new Zac :o)

I'm sure you are having a wonderful crafty time by now - yet another missed... sniff ! but I'm happy being here with Dad and making sure he's looked after.
luv
wynneth
x

clare said...

Fab page kathy.

Debs M said...

have a great time x

Katiejane said...

That is a bummer Kathy, nothing goes smoothly does it? Poor Steve.
Your layout is lovely, I need to read on to find out about little Zac.
Have a great day.

Katie x