Saturday, 22 September 2012

Bit of a busy old day for me today

for me, so (sadly) not much time for crafting today.

Off to a restaurant this evening to dine with friends but hope to have some pix to share very soon.

Saturday is normally challenge day for me but I shan't have time - the lovely ladies over at the Simply Less Is More blog will be hosting a new challenge today (launched at 08:00) so why not pop over and check out what I will be up to - just as soon as I can reach my craft table! This week it's a bt of a choice .... you can choose to incorporate any THREE options from previous challenges! Ooo-er, spoilt for choice then. AND, great news (for me anyway), I was showCASed there too - for my foliage card - my first time too, I'm thrilled.

It's my brother's birthday on Monday so I need to get his card in the post or there'll be trouble! I often struggle with masculine cards and have, over the years, acquired a selection of male themed images so ..... as a keen motorcyclist in his youth!



Materials used:
  • 12cm square white, 250 gsm card and matching envelope
  • 11½ cm panel of SILVER mirri card
  • 11 cm panel of black card
  • Unknown image (it's unmounted rubber and long since separated from any packaging - if anyone knows please let me know) inked in Versafine onyx black on to white card
  • TPC Studio sentiment inked in Versafine onyx black on to white card and cut out
  • Two faux crystal "oil on water" gemstones to embellish with losing the masculine appearance of the card!
Have a great weekend everyone, whatever you have planned

4 comments:

Debs M said...

great card and well done on being showcased! have a lovely time with Lauren x

Ardyth said...

That is a fantastic image, used simply to set it off perfectly! Love it!

Brenda Brown said...

Enjoy your day.
hugs {brenda} xox

Shirley said...

Great card. My OH would love it - he used to drag me off to the Isle of Man for the TT races when we were younger and we went on the motorbike !