Saturday, 15 September 2012

Huzzah, it's challenge day for me!

Morning, Saturday again, and it's a lovely sunny day - my husband's out all day leaving me free to craft or laze or both!

So, I have two cards to share with you this morning, the first was started yesterday but I couldn't decide whether to mount on a square or rectangular card ..... looking at it this morning it just shouted RECTANGLE at me (did you hear it too?)

Materials used:
  • 300 gsm white C6, deckle edged card and matching envelope
  • White card panel cut slightly larger than my image
  • Navy pearlised card cut larger again, to mat
  • Distress Inks: Squeezed Lemonade and Shaded Lilac
  • Water flicked over image using my trusty fingers! and then dried lightly with a heat gun before stamping
  • Hero Arts medium foliage inked using Memento Pear Tart
  • Hero Arts large foliage inked using Memento Paris Dusk
  • Imagine that (from their Mix and Match set) sentiment inked using Memento Paris Dusk

And over on Simply Less Is More they have unveiled their themed challenge #85 and it is "OVALS" - hmmmm. Clean And Simple AND Oval? Oval's just not my first choice of shape when thinking CAS - ah well, never say "die"! (sorry, pun intended!). Of course, you COULD argue, that I'm simply late for last weeks challenge (which was PINK and BROWN) as you will see that I enjoyed the colour scheme so much .....  oopsie, will have to think of something else for the next one else Chrissie and Mandi will be thinking I'm just a one trick pony!



Materials used:
  • 12 cm square white, 250 gsm card and matching envelope
  • Die cut oval mask taped in to position using low tack tape
  • Distress Inks: spun sugar and Victorian velvet - applied with a Tim Holtz blending tool
  • Inkadinkado image (from their Floral Damask) set inked using Brilliance chocolate
  • Imagine That sentiment (from their Write Big #2 set) inked using Brilliance chocolate

And finally - here in Bristol we're well used to seeing balloons in the mornings but not everyone is so lucky so here's this morning's offering.



Have a fab Saturday and a great weekend

25 comments:

Craftyrose said...

Gorgeous cards Kathy! We have been seeing loads of balloons too being just down the road from you!

Loli. eltallerdelosrecuerdos@gmail.com said...

Hola Kathy, simply and beautiful card for LIM your other card is gorgeous, great background.
Godd day seeing balloons.
hugs from Palma

TAM said...

Two beautiful cards Kathy.
Thanks for sharing the balloon picture - reminds me of the day I went up in one - fantastic experience.

Sue said...

Beautiful background and stamp image on the first card, Kathy! The second is a lovely CAS card for the LIM challenge (for which I am currently racking my brains!). Have a lovely weekend. Sue x

Chrissie said...

Your LIM card is really lovely Kathy.
Thanks so much
Chrissie
Less is More

Vicky Hayes said...

Love both of these Kathy, I really like the way you shaded the inked oval, it makes it look really dimensional! Don't hot air balloons look brilliant?! Vicky x

Lynne said...

Two gorgeous cards Kathy.
Lynne xxx

GinaA said...

Love your choice of a deckle edge A5 card and your LIM oval card is super.

Suze Bain said...

Pretty LIM card Kathy and I Love your colours and stamping on the first one - fabulous! xx

Carole said...

Lovely card Kathy! How lovely to see balloons in the sky, very interesting.

Mandi said...

Love your LIM card Kathy
That soft pink looks fbulous with the black
Thanks very much
Mandi LIM

Dora said...

Hi Kathy long time no see :D Sorry been away for so long but we were staying at our Summer residence and this week we've moved back home.. It's lovely to be back in blogland, these cards are just stunning, love them both, so elegant and very clean and gorgeous. I especially love the Get Well Soon one, it's beautiful .. and thanks for sharing the lovely photo of the hot air balloon. Wanted to go on one once when we were abroad but hubby thought they were too expensive so didn't go :(

Lilian said...

Love the cards Kathy. Hubby was only saything the other day we had not seen any ballons. Must have the wind with you.
Hugs
lilian

Linby said...

That first card is so striking, I really like it. Love your LIM card too, nice touch to sponge the oval.
Linbyx

My name is Wynneth said...

Love both your beautiful cards kathy, and they are even more lush IRL. Thanks for sharing the balloon pic too.

Sorry I missed this post yesterday, too busy enjoying my time in Essex LOL
luv
wynneth
x

Bea said...

stunning LiM card - the colour scheme is just right

Linda said...

Lovely LIM card, the oval looks perfect. Great colour choice and a pretty floral stamp too.
Thank you for your lovely comment too. xx

Arlene said...

Both beautiful cards!

Marrigje said...

Both cards are beautiful, but your lim card is my favorite. I think it has to do with the colour:D.
Thank you for you picture of the balloon. We rarely see balloons overhere. I remember there was one in the air last year, and it just didn't float for about an hour. My boy and myself loved looking at it. But that is the last time I have seen one.

Marrigje

Katiejane said...

Wow! Do you create custom wall paper? I'd buy it! Your first card is amazing! I just adore the image and colours you've achieved, you are so clever.
Katie x

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

Love both cards but the first one particuarly appeals to me. Gorgeous stamp and wonderful inking.

Happy Monday.

Hugs
Sarn xxx

Debs M said...

gorgeous, gorgeous cards...leaning towards pink and brown just coz i love that colour mix x

Vikki said...

Wow!! Your cards are amazing!! Love the pink & brown.

Susan said...

Love these cards...but I especially love the first one. I've almost purchased that image two or three times...guess I should just go ahead and get it, huh!

kingstonmama said...

Love the flower against that pretty pink oval. Beautiful sponging. Love the first card, too, using one of my favorite sets! :) ann Y.