Friday, 21 September 2012

It's that time of the week again

often referred to as THE WEEKEND though, if you don't work then, every day is like a weekend! WOO HOO! Anyway, enough of that, since the weekend starts here then I hope you all have plans.

Of course, yesterday saw the launch of a new Cute Card Thursday challenge which is "A DIFFERENT SHAPE" and has some lovely pieces from the design team to get us all thinking. Not sure I'll get the chance to play with this one but you just never know.

I'd also like to welcome another new follower, Anne-elise, hope you will find time to pop back soon.

Last night saw us out to dinner with my pal, Naomi, bet you can't guess where we went? Yup - you know me so well - RAJ's!! So, no pic of Raj's to share with you because I've already posted pix of Raj's on more than one occasion however, my dear friend, Naomi, does live somewhere rather nice - down a sleepy little lane off a pretty busy main road ..... but look -

Isn't this a nice view to step outside your front door and see?

Some of my readers may remember my pal, Lauren, giving me some homework in the form of a tissue box cover ..... I was so disappointed with the initial covering of Kaisercraft gold acrylic paint that I sort of lost heart in it. It would have been sooooooooooooo fabulous if only my Inka Gold hadn't dried out!



Materials used:
  • Tim Holtz tissue tape
  • Dylusions London Blue ink spray "smooshed" about using a blending tool (with foam pad)
  • Mod Podge to glue down any errant corners as tissue tape is pretty low tack
And then some phthalo blue pan pastel and some modelling paste



And after a bit more work ....... with Diarylide yellow and violet pan pastels, Hero Arts foliage too



What do you think? Is it NEARLY finished?

And now for the Friday Funny which, this week, comes courtesy of Pat Gilson once more - thanks Pat. I think this one will speak for itself - ENJOY!



Have a great day

9 comments:

Lilian said...

Kathy your homework is looking good, i like it.

lve the funny. I would love a glass like that one lol
Hugs
lilian

scrappyjacky said...

Your homework is looking fantastic.

Debs M said...

ooh love that tissue box, great glass too x

Shirley said...

Your tissue box is looking brilliant. As for the wine glass - perfect !!

Have a nice weekend.

Brenda Brown said...

Love the use of the tissue tape, looks great on the box and I think there are a number of us who can relate to the glass lol.
Have a great weekend.
hugs {brenda} xox

Sue said...

Its looking good, Kathy. The tissue tape looks really good, great idea. Sue x

Lauren Hatwell said...

Your tissue box is looking FAB Your Purpleness! Oh dear! I'm worried mine won't pass muster now....

Look forward to seeing you tomorrow matey. Drive carefully...

Lx

Redanne said...

Hi Kathy, love the look of your tissue box, so many great techniques, loving the London Blue particularly. Thank you for your visit, much appreciated. Crafty hugs, Anne x

Shary said...

Ooo you're making a brilliant job of your homework, think it is nearly finished. Lol love the wine glass, why not do away with the glass and just drink it straight from the bottle ;0)
Love for you to join in with CCT.x
Have a lovely weekend.x