Sunday, 16 September 2012

Lazy Sunday .... or not?

Hi,

Sunday morning again and the plan was for me to craft all morning whilst hubby's at the flying field making the most of the decent weather - now I shouldn't complain as there are many weeks through the winter when poor chap can't indulge his hobby - I'm so lucky (in many ways) that my hobby is one of an indoor nature! However, the change in the weather means he's sat at the computer watching the weather map and trying to decide whether to go! Hmmmf

Ever felt like your card making is getting a little stale? I sometimes do and I think that's because I always enter the same challenges with the same sort of formula ........ so ...... I thought I might have a go at a different challenge this weekend and found this blog here, where a sketch is set for their current challenge. I've had occasion to use a few get well cards lately so here goes .... making a few to replenish!



Materials used:
  • 300 gsm deckle edged white card and matching envelope
  • Post its to mask off rectangle
  • Distress Inks: bundled sage, evergreen bough
  • DoCrafts Urban stamps (Boofle Patchworks) check image inked in Memento pear tart
  • DoCrafts Urban stamps (Boofle Patchworks) wool texture pattern inked in Memento bamboo
  • Inkadinkado image (from their dot flourish set) inked in Brilliance ivy
  • Imagine that (from their Write Big #2 set) inked in Brilliance ivy
  • Clear gemstone to embellish
Here's the original sketch as published on their blog - note to self, should check out this blog more often as I really liked this sketch. AMENDED TO READ: what a shame I hadn't read the T's and C's first as one has to use PAPERSMOOCHIE products in order to enter so mine isn't eligible - BUM! I have, however, left a link in the comments on this blog so just maybe someone from Australia will come visit me and see my card.


Also did a second entry for the OVALS challenge over at Simply Less Is More blog .... in a bid to make Christmas less stressful I've been endeavouring to make a few Christmas cards each month so it won't be so daunting come November. My plan's not working as well as it did last year but hey .... any made during the year do mean less to make in a hurry and that's a good thing - right?. Back to the topic ..... anyhoo - this weeks challenge doesn't have to be a One Layer Card so I die cut some ovals and got started ......


Materials used:
  • C6, 300 gsm white, deckle edged card and matching envelope
  • GO KREATE oval die cuts used to cut medium oval from white card and large oval from DCWV linen effect red card which I then distressed using a Tim Holtz distressing tool
  • Fizzy Moon image inked using Memento tuxedo black on to the white card oval and coloured using alcohol inks and crystal stickles
  • Red/white bakers twine tied in an off centre knot round the card
  • Fizzy Moon sentiment (from the same set) inked using Brilliance Poppy and lined up along the bakers twine between the oval and the knot
And, of course, over on the Pan Pastels blog there is a new challenge this morning. They've chosen "AUTUMN/FALL" as their theme.

Happy Sunday

21 comments:

Meadie said...

I love both your cards Kathy - but that little bear steals my heart he's so adorable:)Hugs x x

Lilian said...

great cards kathy, I must get on with some more. I have got quite a few wrtten ready to post So really ahead on myself this year.
Hugs lilian

scrappyjacky said...

I really need to get a move on with my xmas cards....am well behind....love that one of yours.

clare said...

fab cards kathy, enjoy the sketch you found. x

Sue said...

Two beautiful cards, Kathy. The inky panel and stamping on the first are lovely, and I love the cute little bear! Sue x

Louise said...

wish I could have done a little crafting today too. I hope your trip to US is great! when are you back? Enjoy your time with Lauren first x

Squirrel x said...

Lovely simple Get Well card hun, perfect. And your Christmas card is fab. Hugs Sxx

Lynne said...

Two lovely cards Kathy. What a shame about your Get Well card.
Lynne xxx

My name is Wynneth said...

Two fabulous cards kathy, shame the challenge doesn't fit with your get well card !! Love that cute bear on your christmas card, I'm already missing my card making stash and it's only been three days :O( I have new stamps but no inks or card with me. Oh well, will have to make do with some knitting I guess :o)
luv
wynneth
x

Carole said...

Ever so lovely cards.

Chrissie said...

What a cute ted Kathy.
Lovely card.
Thanks so much once again.
Chrissie
Less is More

Mandi said...

Sweet card KAthy
I agree about getting stale, I feel I do the sme thing over n over!

Thanks very much
mandi
LIM

Aileen said...

Hi Kathy. Thats a shame about the challenge for your first card as it looks a winner! Love your cute little bear on the second. It looks fab in the oval. x

Brenda Brown said...

Great makes Kathy. Love both designs.
My daughters sky dive went ahead but a bit late because of low cloud and she was last and didn't get to go up!!! Hmmmmpphh.
Hugs Brenda xox

Katiejane said...

Always the fine detail, I've done that before!
It's always handy to have a "Get well soon" to hand and fresh inpiration is always good.
Loving your Xmas card, I saw all the Christmas stuff in the shops at the weekend and couldn't believe it!
Have a great week.
Katie x

Dora said...

Two gorgeous cards Kathy, love the first one especially... yes it's good to try new challenges sometimes and a nice sketch always helps a lot :)

Darnell J Knauss said...

Oh, Kathy. Didja notice you come to visit me and I don't visit you back? It's cause I'm a dolt. I click on your name and that takes me to your profile page and then I click on Craft Mad etc. and see that you haven't posted since July. I think, "I wonder why?"

For some reason I had in my head that I had tried "Purple Princess" and it wasn't the right one. Well, today I did that process only I clicked again on Purple ...

I've just spent considerable time catching up on back posts of yours and enjoying not only your cards, but the yummo food pics, and, of course, the funnies!!

Thank you for visiting and leaving me your lovely comments even though you must have thought me quite the snot for never coming to see you! I'm not, honest. I'm just your everyday moron!

I've joined now so I don't lose track of you in the future.

Debs M said...

love the colours and sentiment on your first card and that second one is so sweet x

Inkyfingers said...

This is such a cute Christmas card Kathy and like you, I am trying to build up a stock ahead of the rush come the happy season. I love the masked oval you did on your first card too - it makes the card look very sophisticated somehow.

Gay Peplow said...

Two smashing cards Kathy, love your inked panel and that little bear ahhh! Gay x

Jean said...

Both are great cards ~ I really like your Christmas one ~ its just as sweet as can be!