Sunday, 2 September 2012

Lazy Sunday!!!

Morning all,

Debs set us all a challenge for the month of September - her topic was "MOVIE QUOTES" - the first one that popped in to my head was from the Italian Job and spoken by Michael Caine - can you guess which one it is???? See it here - in case you can't guess it's the one where they blow up the van and Michael Caines character says (immortalised forever) "You were only supposed to blow the bloody doors off"!!! Think laterally and I feel you will make the connection with my card!!


Materials used:
  • 14 cm square, 300 gsm scallop edged white card and matching envelope
  • Two lengths of bright pink ribbon (neither long enough but joined together - perfect!!!
  • Imagine That sentiment inked directly on to base card using Memento tangelo ink
  • Inkadinkado exploding present image inked in versamark ink and then coloured using various colours of mica powders and set with a fixative
  • Quickie glue pen used to draw in the streamers and stars and, once dry, gilding flakes applied and the excess brushed off - does everyone else end up covered in gilding "flecks"?
  • Matting layers of bright pink and bright blue card - to carry through the colour scheme of mica powders used

Over on a forum I belong to it is a new September challenge, set by me this month ..... I've chosen MONOCHROME

Now, I've said it doesn't have to be black and white but it DOES have to be just one colour + white ....... but, of course, I CHOSE to do black and white as I just think it's so elegant and so perfect for this type of card



Materials used:
  • 14½ cm square 300 gsm scallop edged card and matching envelope
  • 13 cm black card panel
  • 12½ cm white card panel
  • Habico image inked in Versafine onyx black
  • Imagine That sentiment inked in Versafine onyx black
  • Liquitex iridescent medium brushed on to the dress section of my image and then liberally dusted with Crystal Glamour Dust for extra sparkle



I hope you can see the super sparkle achieved by the combination of the iridescent medium and the glamour dust.

The image and sentiment are also stamped on both the insert and envelope to co-ordinate. Just as good for anniversary or wedding - don't you think? Inside I've used the same layout (with the layers and the image and the sentiment but also added a CONGRATULATIONS sentiment from the same Imagine That set

And the Pan Pastels blog launched a new challenge at 08:00 and their new challenge theme is: STRIPES. The really great thing about this blog is that you don't HAVE to use pan pastels to enter but you DO get the chance to win some!, how cool is that?

Have a great Sunday - me? I've got IRONING!!! Serves me right - yesterday was pretty good weather wise and I got loads of washing done ..... therefore lots of ironing today - BUM!


5 comments:

My name is Wynneth said...

I'm loving both your card kathy. What a great take on the movie quote theme, I like your lateral thinking !

You do CAS and elegance so well my dear and who wouldn't love to receive this fabulous monochrome card.

Enjoy the ironing, I'll be along shortly to add mine to your pile - well your iron is already hot after all, it would seem silly to heat mine up too LOL
luv
wynneth
x

scrappyjacky said...

Can definately see the connection there,Kathy.
Love that second card as well.

Debs M said...

fabulous card for my challenge! love it! loving that 2nd image, the effect on the dress is fabulous x

Brenda Brown said...

Fabulous cards Kathy and I love the inspiration for the first one - it made me laugh.
Happy Sunday to you too, even if you do have to do the ironing.
hugs {brenda} xox

Lilian said...

Love the cards Kathy. Well done. Hugs lilian