Sunday, 9 September 2012

Lazy Sunday

Hi folks,

What a lovely day Saturday turned out to be ..... started off a bit mundane with laundry taking up my morning (crafting in between loads - works for me!) but it was so nice that it was a shame to stay in.

So ........ we went out! Headed off towards Cadbury Garden Centre, using the M32 - best laid plans and all that - it was a parking lot! Nothing if not intrepid we opted for plan B and drove round a short detour before resuming our original route.

Whilst walking round the garden centre we bumped in to my good friend Naomi, who I've been trying to contact with a view to sorting out a night to meet for a curry - now done! Perfect .... AND on the way back to the car we treated ourselves to a pretty grown up "99" ice cream - because we're worth it!!!

Also called in on surrogate daughter1 and her partner on the way home - they're just back from two back to back vacations, a long weekend cruise from Southampton to Antwerp (and back, of course!) followed by a week of glorious weather in Devon too - how lucky have they been with this weather then?!?!?!? VERY is, of course, the answer! After a chat and a beer it was home in time for Doctor Who - the plots get dafter which is making it more enjoyable - if only it was David Tennant as the Doctor then I should be LOVING IT!!! Ah well.

Anyway, two projects to share with you this morning ... the first is for the FOLIAGE theme over on the Simply Less Is More blog and also the "AUTUMN GOLD" theme over at Cute Card Thursday and the second would also fit the LIM criteria but is intended as a challenge on the craftbubble group CRAFTERS DELIGHTS and goes with the theme "THE END OF SUMMER" - needless to say both reflect autumn with their colour scheme



Materials used:
  • 14 cm 250 gsm white card and matching envelope
  • Inkadinkado image inked using Brilliance chocolate ink
  • Imagine That sentiment inked using Brilliance pearlescent rust
  • Pearlex paints and crystal stickles used to highlight the flowers



Materials used:
  • 14cm square white 250 gsm card and matching envelope
  • Pan pastels in yellow ochre, permanent red and sienna applied using a cosmetic sponge
  • Inkadinkado foliage image inked using Brilliance chocolate and stamped twice
  • Imagine That sentiment inked using Brilliance pearlescent rust

The new Pan Pastels challenge is using the theme of "BY THE SEA" so that's my creative challenge for today - have a wonderful Sunday and I hope to see you back here real soon!


17 comments:

L*I*S*A said...

Great cards, but the second is my favorit.
Lisa

Brenda Brown said...

Sweet little cards Kathy. Sounds like you had a good day yesterday even after your detour. Looking forward to seeing your PP piece and thanks for your lovely comment today. I really appreciate it.
Happy Sunday.
Hugs Brenda xox

Junibears said...

Hi there Kathy. Sounds like a great day out! I'm being taken out to lunch today! Yipee!
Love your brill cards, especially the top one. Hugs xx

clare said...

enjoy your lazy sunday, love the autumnal colours in your cards. x

Lauren Hatwell said...

Wow! What a day! Sounds like you really made the most of it and the 99 ice cream was the cherry on the cake - slurp! I still can't resist a 99.

Love your cards. They really DO say "end of summer" (though no sign of that here - its scorching). Beautiful colours!

Lx

Debs M said...

2 gorgeous card cards Kathy, loving the autumnal feel of it all x

Sue said...

Gorgeous cards, Kathy. x

Chrissie said...

What lovely stamps you used today Kathy... I may have tried to match them with more of a copperplate style font for the sentiment, but I love the set you actually used too.
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Beautiful creations, especially the first one :) I love the shine of the gold flower ! Thanks for stopping in at my blog, it's appreciated ! Shirleyx

My name is Wynneth said...

Two smashing cards kathy, my fav is the first one if I have to choose ! Thanks for playing along with us on Cute Card Thursday this week too.
luv
wynneth
x

Rosemary said...

both cards are just lovely!

Bea said...

fab cards kathy - love the autumn feel - my fave is the top one. You certainly packed a fair bit into your day!

Mandi said...

Lovely cards Kathy
I favour the second, the inking looks FAB
Your Saturday sounds like a lot of fun, mouth watering with thoughts of the 99!!
I'm not a fan of Dr Who, but I do think David Tennant looked good as him!
Thanks very much
mandi
"Less is More"

Karen Nutkins said...

Two gorgeous cards, wouldn't have to choose a favourite!

Katiejane said...

These are great Kathy, I am loving the orange vibrance and of course the "Just Because" :)
Katie x

Linby said...

Two great cards, I really like the stamp on the first one.
Linbyx

Kathy Norman said...

Beautiful, beautiful cards!