Saturday, 8 September 2012

Saturday - it's the WEEK END!!!

Hi everyone,

Welcome to the weekend and I'd just like to welcome new follower, Kelly Foster from the U.S. - hope you'll find a reason to be stopping by again some time soon.

In typical Saturday fashion, there is a new challenge over on the Simply Less Is More blog this morning, which I shall endeavour to have a go at this morning. This week's challenge is #84 and features the dreaded One Layer Card with the theme of FOLIAGE! I can't believe that this challenge has been operating for just 84 weeks - I can't imagine Saturday's without it now! Do you all have "must enter" challenges?

In the meantime,  however, I'd like to share a masculine card with you, it started off as a LIM entry but just sort of morphed as these things sometimes do!!!



Materials used:
  • White linen DL card and matching envelope
  • Black and white card panels for matting
  • White card offcut edged with an EK Success punch and coloured using Memento London fog ink
  • Imagine That sentiment and Hero Arts "Pop Stems" image inked using Versafine onyx black ink

Hope you like it - it's for my nephew who is off to Guatemala in the next couple of weeks and may not be returning to the U.K. for some time - if ever! Good Luck

Have a great weekend - for me it's only two more sleeps till I meet up with a good crafting buddy, Debs, at Snazzy's in Swindon - must charge my camera! There may be mayhem and shopping - my favourite way to spend a couple of hours!!, let's hope Snazzy's are ready for this! I also hope that they now take credit cards - which they didn't at my last visit!

9 comments:

clare said...

love that stamp you have used kathy, fab card! enjoy your get together with debs, hope you find something to buy!!! x

Lilian said...

Great card Kathy. I am meeting Sueinstroud on Monday. Not sure as yet what we are going.
Hugs lilian

Sue said...

Lovely card and lovely stamping, Kathy x

Debs M said...

Great stamp and fabby card Kathy! There is a notice on the website saying they don't take cards..not sure how up to date it is tho!!!

Lauren Hatwell said...

Smashing card your purpleness. I'm not surprised you're excited about your trip to Snazzy's. I'm SOOOO jealous. Can't wait to see the piccies. RIDICULOUS that they only take cash. Lx

Brenda Brown said...

Super card Kathy. Hope you have a great buying time at Snazzy's.
hugs {brenda} xox

Loli. eltallerdelosrecuerdos@gmail.com said...

Hola Kathy, beautiful desing, i love black and white, they are very elegant colours, gorgeous card Kathy.
a hug from Palma
P.D.MY FRIEND YOUR SEXY COOKIES ARE GORGEOUS!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D, definitely,in your church some persons don't have sense of humour

My name is Wynneth said...

Gorgeous card kathy, love the Imagine That stamp, it's perfick for a male card. Good luck to your nephew in his travels.

Say Hi to Debs for me, I've still to make it to Snazzy's, I do live in hope though LOL
luv
wynneth
x

Katiejane said...

Wow, that's a huge step -good luck to your nephew. I do enjoy a challenge every now and again -keeps the inspiration flowing. I must do more masculine makes, especially now my son has a male teacher!