Tuesday, 4 September 2012

Triffik Tuesday

Morning folks,

Hope your Tuesday has started well and will go on to improve.

I'm off out gallivanting meeting up with a pal for coffee this morning. I meet Andrea every couple of weeks or so; we've known one another since starting primary school WAAAAAAAY back (when Noah was lad!). There are three of us but the third, being a teacher, has had to return to school this week and unfortunately cannot join us but we DID get to "do lunch" a couple of weeks ago and there are already plans afoot to meet up for a curry one evening soon anyway.

Wasn't yesterday lovely? Well it turned out that way round here, although it did start off misty and autumnal, reaching 21°c - it's only 28°c in Florida!!! Looks like summer's here ....... but for how long this time? And at 08:00 (when I typed this post) it was already 14°c and sunny so looks like another lovely day today!

Hubby took advantage of the weather and nipped off to the field yesterday afternoon which left me with the dilemma of what to do. Now part of me wanted to head to the Swindon outlet village and possibly swing by Snazzy's on my way back to the motorway but I ended up deciding that I didn't really need to do the 90 mile round trip solo so I stayed in and crafted ......

And now on to one of the nicest "people" shots I've taken in a while, it's of my surrogate daughter (2) and her newborn son - this was taken when Zac was just two days old.



Materials used:
  • 12" x 12" blue paper from a "Colossal" stack
  • Navy A4 card cut down and edged using an EK Success punch
  • 2.5cm white organza ribbon threaded through the holes made with the punch and tied in a bow at the top
  • White doily coloured using Phthalo blue pan pastel
  • Light blue card cut as a mat to my photo
  • Dylusions image from the "doodles" set inked using Memento Paris dusk
  • Paper Mania alphabet and Inkadinkado numbers set (for the & symbol) inked using Brilliance white
  • Medium and large Retro punch using the navy and lighter blue card (from earlier on this list)
  • Silver sugared brad to position flower on navy panel
  • Blue faux crystals to highlight flower centres

Of course, if there's time for further crafting today then it might have to be the new CASology challenge, which will be launched some time today. Wonder what today's one word inspiration will be ..........

Have a splendid Tuesday

5 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

What a lovely photo....and LO.
Am off this afternoon for a week....hurray.

My name is Wynneth said...

Great LO kathy and I spy those fabulous Dylusions stamps at the bottom of the page - yummm - they are defo on my wish list. Zac and Mom look lovely and I do like the pretty blue shades you've used.
luv
wynneth
x

Debs M said...

fab page and those stamps look fab!! Was snazzy's the place you mentioned to me about meeting up? wonder if we could squeeze that in? x

Lauren Hatwell said...

What a lovely photograph Kathy. It needed a page all its own to set it off. I love the layout and your Dylusions stamps work really well too. Lx

Brenda Brown said...

Indeed a beautiful photo and scrapped to perfection.
hugs {brenda} xox