Tuesday, 11 September 2012

Tuesday and my feet don't hurt a bit!

You know what it's like when you get new stash - you just can't wait to get started .... can you? I leaped out of bed (OK leaped MAY not be quite to speed but - poetic licence and all that!) and dashed to the table of craftiness. What new stash I hear you cry! Well, do read on for the full story but since this is the blog of a craft obsessed person I figured my followers are more likely to check out today's post if the first thing they see is craft related .....


Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • White card almost ATC sized
  • New Kaisercraft image inked in Brilliance chocolate and gently heat dried to set
  • Pan Pastel in light grey applied all over the ATC - I can't recall the exact colour and am not charging downstairs to check (though I may check next time I'm passing and update!)
  • New Hero Arts splodge inked using Brilliance rust and then a darker grey pan pastel applied over the top to soften the impact of the pearlescent ink
  • TCW circles stencil placed over the ATC and Distress Ink in pumice stone inked through it and, once stencil removed, also applied round the edges.
  • Water spritzed on to my fingers and flicked on to the ATC, left for a few seconds and then blotted with a piece of kitchen roll
  • Finally, my new tarnished brass metallic Distress Stain randomly dragged from off the ATC towards the centre
And there you have it, I have now used three of the four new items of stash acquired yesterday - hope you like the project and will continue reading to see how I got round to buying this little lot!

Yesterday, I met up with a fellow crafter (Debs) at Snazzy's in Swindon ...... Debs hadn't been there before but managed to find it OK - thank heavens. We were both there a couple of minutes early but the door was wide open and welcoming so in we went. We had a good old rummage and shop and a chat with the proprietors and they even took a photo of the two of us although I feel I DO look somewhat psychotic with an idiotic grin - hey - I'm brave and am prepared to share!


How much do I need these stamps?

After we'd accomplished our mission and satisfied our urge to shop we headed back to the cars and decided that we would head to the Swindon outlet village ..... decision made we opted to take one car and return to Snazzy's to collect the other .... thus affording us another shopping opportunity should we decide that we simply had to have something that we had previously resisted!!

Lunch consisted of two nice pannini's and a pot of tea and the retail therapy proved virtually fruitless as neither of the stores I wanted to shop in had what I wanted ..... but the Cadbury store DID!!! Oops

Fortunately, Debs whipped her camera out and snapped our lunch before we started eating! Don't they look nice?
Back to the Snazzy's parking lot and we decided it was far too early to head home so it was time for a coffee and a compare stash session at the little coffee shop a couple of units from Snazzy's ...... at the end of the coffee it was bucketing down with rain so, we simply went round again!, then (awash with tea and coffee) we decided to head for our cars and on home to our partners and craft tables (or do I mean craft tables and partners?).

Debs stash


Debs eyeing up my Hero Arts stamps - no, they're not Hero Arts .... they're MINE!!!!
Debs snapped this one of me pigging a fabby iced coffee - mmmm

I SOOOOO nearly bought these as they did make us both chuckle but ....... how many people could YOU send a card made using them too?



Thanks for a fun day, Debs - can't wait to do it all again in November, matey!

Happy Tuesday - I'm off to visit my pal Dorothy this morning


4 comments:

My name is Wynneth said...

Fabulous ATC kathy, great to see you using so many of your new stash acquisitions !!! How did you enjoy the new metallic DI ? Love that stamp too. Great pix, looks like you both had a ball and I'm sure you brightened the day of Snazzy's proprietors !! See you soon Matey.
luv
wynneth
x

My name is Wynneth said...

Forgot to say that I would have been tempted by those sentiments too, but have to agree that there are very few people who would appreciate a card bearing them LOL

w
x

Debs M said...

No sore feet for me either!! Well done on finding a copy of that sentiment set but you are right..you couldn't send them to very many people! Fabby atc..will hopefully get a chance to play today as well!

Lilian said...

Kathy. i know a few people I could send them to lol.

Great pictures.
Hugs lilian