Wednesday, 12 September 2012

Welcome to What's On Your Work Desk Wednesday

How's your Wednesday shaping up? Got much on your work desk today?

Not exactly a late night last night and not exactly hung over this morning either - thank goodness!! It was curry at the lovely Raj's for us and our pal (and neighbour), Debbie. We like to go every few weeks - gives us a good chance to natter and we enjoy a good curry - and regular readers will know by know that a good curry is what we always get at Raj's, I'm pleased to report that last night was no exception either!.

Got an ATC to share with you this morning. Again, I wanted to play with a couple of things .... the gloss gel medium (used so disastrously recently on the image transfer - who remembers the FIFTEEN hour drying time?), my recent Dylusions stamp purchase and the latest metallic distress stain from my meet with Debs in Swindon (on Monday), so ....... here's how my experiment turned out.


Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • White card cut almost ATC sized
  • Distress stains in spun sugar, dried marigold, tarnished brass "smooshed" on to a craft sheet with a small amount of Dylusions ink in grape
  • Gloss gel medium mixed with the teensiest amount of yellow dylusions ink and then applied through a TCW stencil using a credit card - such a tiny amount of ink and it came out a little brighter than planned although it looks OK in the photo!!
  • Dylusions "doodles" vine inked using Memento tuxedo black
  • Paper Artsy sentiment inked on to white card, cut round and then inked with Distress Ink pumice stone. Sentiment panel and ATC edged with Memento tuxedo black

Hope you like it - I'm still getting to grips with my metallic distress stain ....

And finally - here's is what's on and around my work desk today - it doesn't change much as I have such a small area to craft in so I thought you might to have a nosey round some of my stash instead!!


Have a perfectly splendid Wednesday


9 comments:

Debs M said...

love the atc! can't believe i don't have any foliage stamps.. have to do something about that! x

Katiejane said...

Where's your desk lol! Great ATC,I love the bright yellow on purple, it looks great!
All this talk of Curry is making me very hungry indeed!
Happy Wednesday.
Katie x

Cheryl said...

oh this is one super atc Hun great colours and love the message,hugs Cherylxxxxx

GinaA said...

Love your experiment, still laughing about the 15 hrs drying time ( I do stuff like that) and am so impressed with your organized bits & pieces. I have loads of room and its all a perfect mess.Perhaps less is more space-wise as well :)

Brenda Brown said...

A fabulous ATC Kathy and lots of crafty supplies.
Happy WOYWW .
Hugs Brenda xox

butlersabroad said...

Lovely atc kathy, pretty colours too. Nice to see where you craft, looks like there's no more room for new goodies but we all know better than that, don't we???!!!!! I'm already missing Northern Michigan, the view from the window at work just doesn't make up for it at all!

Hugs
Brenda 3

Sue said...

Lovely colourful ATC, Kathy. Nothing on my work desk today! Hoping there will be some Christmas stamps there tomorrow LOL. Sue x

Lilian said...

love the ATC Kathy, Colours are good Hugs
lilian

My name is Wynneth said...

Love your ATC kathy, looks like you've had fun playing with your new stash ! Looking forward to seeing your workdesk IRL very soon Matey.
luv
wynneth
x