Wednesday, 5 September 2012

What's On Your Work Desk Wednesday

Got the Hump Day Wednesday Blues? I guess you could say that I have - especially when you see the project below ....

My trading card swap buddy sent me the materials below ...
Hmmmmm - now, what to do with these babies - cute image isn't it?
Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • I used Alcohol markers to colour the image, highlighting the tassle with a Zig Wink of Stella glitter pen
  • I cut out one of the patterned images and applied quickie glue leaving to dry - I intended to use this as a mask so it needed to dry in order to be re-positionable.
  • Once the mask was in place I inked the Savvystamps image using versamark ink and then applied Phthalo blue pan pastel over the top and set using fixative leaving the mask in place.
  • I mixed a tiny amount of London Blue Dylusions ink spray with some modelling paste and applied with a credit card through a TCW harlequin mask and set aside to dry before trimming and mounting on my ATC blank.
  • I cut out the pyjamas and night cap from the second patterned image and added a couple of small foam squares (to give my paper piecing some dimension) and glue to the edges before adding to my ATC
  • Finally I whipped round the outside with my Tim Holtz blending tool loaded with Tumbled Glass distress ink
Here's a side view so you can see the 3D effect with the paper piecing and modelling paste
Hope you like it and I sure hope Pam approves of my treatment of her materials - now, what to send back!

A nice surprise arrived by e-mail, a crafting pal and I have finally arranged a meet at Snazzy's in Swindon on Monday - looking forward to that already ...... I HOPE that they've installed a credit card reader by now but I'll be going with a modest amount of cash - just in case!

And now ..... What IS on my work desk this Wednesday? This little lot - I really MUST have a clear up before much longer - you can see I still haven't put away my savvystamp stamp, having finished my ATC!! Ooopsie - naughty crafter!

Have a fab Wednesday after all, it WILL soon be the weekend!!

4 comments:

SHARY said...

You did a great job with the images Kathy, lovely ATCs. Great pic of the workdesk too x

Debs M said...

loving that atc Kathy, that blue modelling paste really makes a difference..woohoo snazzy's!!!!

Cheryl said...

oh love those ATC's Hun,great image and oh love your desk,too,love the bakers twine,hugs Cherylxxx

Lilian said...

Lovely card Kathy. Work desk is great as well plenty going in there. Hug lilian