A big purple welcome to my new followers Sue, and Sue, here's hoping you will both find time to pop back every now and again.
Been working on an ATC in order that I can send duplicate materials to my trading card buddy on the Isle of Skye. I'm thinking something more journal-y, to stretch her imagination. I don't BELIEVE she's tried journaling and, as a recent crafting visitor took to it like the proverbial duck to water, I'm seeing it as my mission in life to make everyone try it! HAVE YOU? If not then WHY NOT?!?!?!?
So, here's how my base panel started off, as a piece of card generously more than double ATC size - to allow both Pam and I to cherry pick the nicest areas!
- White card - Rymans 200 gsm
- Dylusions inks in yellow, turquoise, pink and purple
- TCW stencil through which I spritzed water and then dried with kitchen roll thus removing the ink density in those areas
- Modelling paste blended with a little of my luna lights and glamour dust and applied using a wine cork and bottle top (recycling at its best)
- Modelling paste blended with a little of the Dylusions London Blue ink and applied by dragging a credit card through it
- Navy pearl card punch waste (from a recent scrap layout from my September 4th post)
- Faux crystal gemstone
- Hobbycraft leaf image inked in Brilliance white and stamped around the left and right edges only
- Blade Rubber image inked in Brilliance chocolate and cut out close, I also used an un-inked blending tool to soften the white area around the face making my poor lady look a smidge green around the gills!!!
And now for the Friday Funny, this week courtesy of pal, Sandra, thanks mate! Hope you'll all like it - I know I did!
Well, the Church removed my cookies from the bake sale again!
I don't know what their problem is -- I just used a dog bone cookie cutter .... cut them in half and decorated them!!
I thought they looked rather cute!!
They plainly have no sense of humour!!!!!!!!!!!.