Friday, 7 September 2012

Whoopee, it's the weekend and the Friday Funny's here too!

Morning,

A big purple welcome to my new followers Sue, and Sue, here's hoping you will both find time to pop back every now and again.

Got plans for the weekend? Hope they're great - I've been trying to get hold of a pal with a view to organising dinner but no luck with dates so far, so I guess it'll be next week now. I'm also meeting a pal for coffee and a chat this afternoon at a local Costa - it's her birthday soon so I've a present all wrapped ready to take - all I have to do is NOT FORGET IT!!!!

Been working on an ATC in order that I can send duplicate materials to my trading card buddy on the Isle of Skye. I'm thinking something more journal-y, to stretch her imagination. I don't BELIEVE she's tried journaling and, as a recent crafting visitor took to it like the proverbial duck to water, I'm seeing it as my mission in life to make everyone try it! HAVE YOU? If not then WHY NOT?!?!?!?

So, here's how my base panel started off, as a piece of card generously more than double ATC size - to allow both Pam and I to cherry pick the nicest areas!


Materials used:
  • White card - Rymans 200 gsm
  • Dylusions inks in yellow, turquoise, pink and purple
  • TCW stencil through which I spritzed water and then dried with kitchen roll thus removing the ink density in those areas
 And moving on to my selected section of the card ...


Materials used:
  • Modelling paste blended with a little of my luna lights and glamour dust and applied using a wine cork and bottle top (recycling at its best)
  • Modelling paste blended with a little of the Dylusions London Blue ink and applied by dragging a credit card through it
Here's how it looked when it was finished then ......

Materials used:
  • Navy pearl card punch waste (from a recent scrap layout from my September 4th post)
  • Faux crystal gemstone
  • Hobbycraft leaf image inked in Brilliance white and stamped around the left and right edges only
  • Blade Rubber image inked in Brilliance chocolate and cut out close, I also used an un-inked blending tool to soften the white area around the face making my poor lady look a smidge green around the gills!!!
And here are the materials mailed to my trading card buddy for her to give her own special take on! Can't wait to see what she makes of them.




And now for the Friday Funny, this week courtesy of pal, Sandra, thanks mate! Hope you'll all like it - I know I did!



Well, the Church removed my cookies from the bake sale again!


I don't know what their problem is -- I just used a dog bone cookie cutter .... cut them in half and decorated them!!


I thought they looked rather cute!!







They plainly have no sense of humour!!!!!!!!!!!.




Happy Friday - have a great weekend

9 comments:

Sue said...

A lovely technique idea, Kathy. Have a lovely weekend. Sue x

Lauren Hatwell said...

LOL... They're Brilliant. What a great idea and a great Friday Funny too :oD

Hope your Isle of Skye pal enjoys your challenge materials. They should certainly get the old creative juices flowing. Lx

clare said...

fab ATC kathy and the funny friday cookies made be chuckle. x

Sue Bridesmith said...

THOUGHT THE FUNNY WAS GREAT, AND THOSE BIKKIES WHAT A GREAT IDEA..LOL SUZY B

Debs M said...

love the rainbow effect on the card Kathy..looking forward to seeing what she makes x

Debs M said...

whoops forgot to say..love the ff x

Lilian said...

great kathy Loving the colour. The friday funny is grat. They look lovely
Hugs lilian

My name is Wynneth said...

Great ATC kathy, I'm loving those Dylusions colours. Bet your pal has loads of fun using these fabulous materials.

The FF made me smile :o)

luv
wynneth
x

Brenda Brown said...

Love the journalling style ATC, great textures and colours and a funny 'Friday Funny'.
Have a great weekend.
hugs {brenda} xox