Friday, 5 October 2012

Friday Funny

Hi there,

Another Friday has rolled round and rolled is about the right word - my word, we've eaten out so much lately that we're like weebles (anyone remember them?) - last night saw us at yet another steak house but I was all "steak-ed" out and went for grilled chicken and a baked potato! Yumm - that was at Logans Roadhouse Grill - newly opened since our last visit. Our server, Kenny, was a gem and easy on the eye too! Ooops - probably shouldn't have written that but hey .....

If you checked out my blog yesterday you will know that I was crafting with a buddy Wednesday afternoon and made a couple of cards with several more "in progress" ........ well, I got up early yesterday morning and cracked on with finishing them ....

Materials used:
  • 12.5 cm square, white, 250 gsm card and matching envelope
  • 9 x 9.5 cm black card panel
  • 8.5 x 9 cm blue glitter panel (by DCWV)
  • 8 x 8.5 cm white card panel
  • Unity Stamp image inked using Hero Arts black dye ink
  • Alcohol inks and twinkling H2O's used to colour
  • Narrow turquoise ribbon (how handy to find it such a perfect match for my glittered layer???)
  • Glossy accents to put a shine on my "puddle"
The image was stamped two more times, once on the envelope and once on the layered insert.
And this one which uses such a gorgeous image - I couldn't resist it - and neither could Wynneth!


Materials used:
  • 15 cm square, 300 gsm scallop edged white card and envelope
  • 9.5 x 11 cm panel of white card, edged using a co-ordinating copic colour to those used to colour the main image
  • 9 x 10.5 cm black card panel
  • 8.5 x 10 cm white card panel for image
  • Sparkle 'n Sprinkle image (mon amis umbrella) inked using Hero Arts black dye ink
  • Alcohol inks used to colour image
  • Martha Stewart glue pen and gold glamour dust to highlight.
Now, I LOVE this image and card but part of me wonders whether I should add a couple of tiny crystal gemstones, centrally, above the image ........ what do you think, dear readers???? Does it need gemstones? I've stamped and coloured the image on the envelope too - inside I've layered a white card panel (13.5 cm square) on to a black panel (14 cm square), I've stamped and coloured the image centrally on the panel but, instead of using the more dimensional glamour dust I've chosen to use a glitter gelly roll pen by Sakura.

And now for the Friday Funny which came to me in the form of an e-mail link, from my pal, Sandra ..... ENJOY. DO click on the link and see what it's all about - it's entitled "How women burn calories in France"!! See it HERE

Have a fab Friday and a great weekend

6 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

I think gemstones would be the cherry on the icing on the cake Kathy. LOVE that cute little chickie in the wellies. A-DORABLE!

Off to check out the all important Friday Funny now. Have a great day...

Lx

Cheryl said...

oh the first image is just so super cute,and oh the second one I just love,my kind of image,brilliant hugs Cherylxxxx

Brenda Brown said...

Yep I remember the Weebles, we had a big chocolate tin full of them when my kids were small.
Fab cards, if you use gemstones, and I think they would look good, go for three, an odd number is always better.
Have a great weekend.
hugs {brenda} xox

Redanne said...

Hi Kathy, I remember the weebles too, haven't thought of them for years! Love, love, love the chick, it is so cute. I think the second card is stunning as it is but a gemstone or two may just draw the eye in more - perhaps.....Crafty hugs, Anne x

Lilian said...

Love the cards Kathy.I do remember the weebles. You are ok the wobble but don't fall down. lol,
Hugs
lilian

Debs M said...

love that stamp, put gemstones on!! fabulous fabulous funny x