Monday, 15 October 2012

Monday Monday

Hi there,

What happened to the weekend? Gone in sixty seconds (sounds like a film title!). Saturday was spent in a whirl of shopping and crafting and Sunday went at a much slower pace starting with a lie-in and then domestic chores in the form of laundry. Hubby was painting and keeping out of mischief.

We went out to dine with our neighbours, Sally and Roger.

Cute Card Thursday has challenge #238 ongoing and its theme is PAPER PIECING and I was pretty sure I had just the image ....



Materials used:
  • 300 gsm white C6 scallop edged card and matching envelope
  • Stampendous image stamped three times, once on to white card and twice (though not whole) on an offcut of paper. I cut out the hat and the tutu (in two sections and colours)
  • Alcohol markers to colour image and edge panel which was also punched using a Martha Stewart flourish punch
  • Deep pink card for matting
  • Crystal stickles to highlight
  • Organza ribbon with glitter decoration to embellish

And here's the paper I "pieced" from!



Have a good day and .....Happy  Monday

5 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

Love the effect,Kathy....though I rarely paper piece myself...I hate the precision needed!!

Brenda Brown said...

Cute card Kathy. The post came up in my reading list this morning but when I clicked on it it told the page couldn't be found, so don't know what happened there.
Have a great week.
hugs {brenda} xox

Debs M said...

love this - she is a real sweetie! x

Lilian said...

Love the card Kathy. She is cute. Hugs lilian

Deb said...

Beautiful card, fabulous paper piecing!
Many thanks for joining in the
♥Cute Card Thursday Challenge♥
this week! Debxx