Monday, 29 October 2012

Morning Monday once more .....

Hi folks,

Welcome to the start of another week - I hear the forecast warns us to bundle up as it's likely to be cold. Me? I don't feel the cold so much and (as I get older) I seem to run warmer and warmer - must be an age thing!!! So long as it doesn't snow I'll be fine. It's just a shame that I only have flip flops to protect my poor little tootsies from the cold!!

On the move much of today so guessing I won't have time to feel the cold much but hey ..... who knows?

Not much going on in my craft world so just one card to share today .... hope you like it.
 



Materials used:
  • 300 gsm white, scallop edged card and matching envelope
  • 14 x 9 cm white card panel, coloured using pan pastels
  • 13.5 x 8.5 cm patterned panel (DCWV from their Grandma's Kids stack)
  • Green fibre tied in an off centre knot
  • Magnolia image inked in Memento tuxedo black and coloured using alcohol markers before edging using the Martha Stewart flourish punch and then colouring the edge with an alcohol marker
  • Offcut from the same DCWV patterned card edged with the same MS punch + corners rounded and then matted (with the image panel) on to a white card panel with the outer edge coloured using an alcohol marker
  • Two lime green glitter droplets (EK Success dimensional stickers) to embellish

Happy Monday, have a good week - see y'all tomorrow.  Keeping my fingers crossed for those in the path of the eastbound U.S. storm and north west bound U.S. Hurricane - stay safe everyone.


5 comments:

Debs M said...

love that paper and super cute image..i haven't used anything magnolia for aaages! x

My name is Wynneth said...

This is such a sweet card kathy, very cute tilda and pretty papers. I was just thinking I should dig out my box of magnolias as I haven't used them in ages.

Keep safe in those storms and hoping they don't cause you any problems.

Dark dull and damp here in Cornwall today.
luv
wynneth
x

Lilian said...

Love the card Kathy. The image is so sweet. Hugs lilian

Brenda Brown said...

So cute, stay safe.

Hugs Brenda xxx

Louise said...

I love the papers you have used on that card- I do like stripes!
Have a safe journey home and i hope your flights are not delayed with Hurricane Sandy.
PS Mum was always like that (being hot due to 'age') but now swings in both ways. Sometimes she is boiling when it is cool and other times she is cold when I think it is OK... Oh I guess I have that to look forward to then. The perils of being a woman.