Friday, 12 October 2012

Ooops, Friday again - where DID the week go?

Morning all,

I've scheduled this post as I hope to be enjoying a lie-in again this week. Busy day yesterday as we headed off (pretty early for us).

First off, a card to share with you ....



Materials used:
  • Impression obsession image inked using Memento tuxedo black - yes I succumbed to memento because I KNOW it doesn't bleed when used with alcohol markers!!!
  • Green stickles drawn over each of the little fronds
  • Crystal stickles where the "snow" sits
  • Hero Arts sentiment inked using Memento tuxedo black ink
How I LOVE that image - despite the fact it's wooden mounted as I SWORE I wasn't going to buy any more wood mounted images this trip!! And now, by special request ..... a snowman card!, using an image and sentiments from the same set as the Santa card from my last post. What a cool set they are?


Materials used:
  • 12.5cm white, 250 gsm card and matching card
  • 12 cm square of blue card
  • 11.5 cm square denim effect card
  • Inkadinkado snowman image and sentiment inked using Memento tuxedo black ink
  • Inkadinkado snowflake image inked using Brilliance Mediterranean blue ink
  • Alcohol inks to colour image
  • Crystal stickles used to highlight snow areas
  • Glossy Accents used on the top hat
And now for what we got up to yesterday, after filling the car with fuel AND getting both the frogs out of the frogmobile - I swear they had cossies, towels and their lunch - they were ready for a day at the beach - like us!!! We decided to hit the east coast of Florida as we'd heard that the red tide is pretty bad on the west coast! We picked up the beach line and headed east ..... now we usually head south once we hit the coast so we decided not to do that this time and headed for Flagler beach


What a beautiful clean beach and a fabulous blue sky? After a bit of a walk around and a survey of a couple of beach  bars we hit the Barracuda bar - is it just me that thinks babararacucudada? If not then see the video here - it's really just the beginning but ..)




Replete after an iced tea and a pulled pork sandwich (the husband selected a chicken wrap) we headed home ..... the pretty way .... and found ourselves with some pretty nice scenery too.



And now for the Friday Funny and it comes courtesy of Pat Gilson - heaven knows where she gets them all. Don't forget there's a draw at the end of the year for everyone who has contributed a Friday Funny - and there's a PRIZE!!!! This week's is a little topical as it's called FIFTY SHADES OF GREY

Subject: Fifty Shades Of Gray
  

Four guys have been going on the same fishing trip for many years. This year, Ron's wife puts her foot down and tells him he isn't going. Bitterly disappointed he phones and tells the others that he can't go.
Two days later, the other guys get to the camping site only to find Ron sitting there with a tent already set up.
"Dang Ron, how did you talk your missus into letting you go?"
"Well, yesterday evening, after my wife finished reading "Fifty Shades Of Gray," she dragged me into our bedroom, on the bed she had handcuffs and ropes! She told me to tie and cuff her to the bed, so I did.
Then she said, "Do whatever you want."
So, Here I am!!!
 
 
Over at Cute Card Thursday their latest challenge is "PAPER PIECING" - I quite fancy this one so might get to give it a go.
 
CASology's latest challenge is #14 - LEAF, now I gotta be able to do something for this - my pal is back from the Florida Keys and I'm pretty sure she can do something with this too - maybe we can both enter ......

Well, I couldn't wait for my pal, so here's my entry, using the FABULOUS holly LEAF image we both have and which is part of a rather super set from Recollections ....



Materials used:
  • 12.5 cm square white, 250 gsm card and matching envelope
  • 12 cm square white card panel edged with alcohol ink to co-ordinate with the holly
  • Impression obsession pine bough inked in green ink round the matting layer (doesn't really show on the photo)
  • 11.5 cm square white card panel
  • Recollections holly image inked using Memento tuxedo black and stamped three times
  • Alcohol and Marvy le plume II markers used to colour the images
  • Hero Arts sentiment inked using Memento tuxedo black ink
  • Green stickles to highlight the holly "veins"
  • Glossy Accents to give a gloss to the berries
 
Ooops!!! Have a fantastic Friday and a fabulous weekend readers
 

10 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

Love that first card,Kathy....and the Friday Funny!!

Brenda Brown said...

Cute cards Kathy, love that you are into Christmas too. I so wish I were on the beach in the sun, lovely photos.
Happy Friday.
Hugs Brenda xxx

Lilian said...

great cards Kathy. I love the friday funny. Love the pictures. I must send you an email i have with the same title.
Hugs lilian

Tracey McNeely said...

Love your card and your funny story too. Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology!

Rosemary said...

wonderful set of cards, kathy... your CASology card is lovely! thanks for playing along with us this week!!

SallyB said...

Hi Kathy...
Great cards..You must have quite a pile of Christmas ones now...I have made 2!
Love the Friday funny...
Florida looks lovely as always. My sister is there at the moment sorting out her Villa with her fella.

SallyB said...

Hi Kathy...
Just not sure if my comments are getting through...I type and then they seem to vanish!
Great Christmas cards and Friday funny!

Katiejane said...

What a brill sentiment lol, I need to get into the xmas groove and create a few more this week.
Your regular getaway looks like paradise, you are a lucky gal.
Katie

Jen W. said...

Fabulous cards and pics! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

Ardyth said...

Love the symmetry and sparkle on your leaf card, Kathy! Thanks so much for playing along with CASology this week!