Sunday, 7 October 2012

Sunny Sunday - top of the morning to you!

Morning readers,

How's your Sunday coming along? I've scheduled this post as I hope to be still in bed when it appears but ...... you just never know!

Yesterday saw the LIM blog Simply Less Is More unveiling their new challenge. As it was the first Saturday in the month it was the turn of the colour challenge and Chrissie and Mandi selected SILVER for their challenge. I have limited craft supplies here and rifled through my offcuts and found two pieces with silver on and this simply HAD to be the focus of my card ......



Materials used:
  • 300 gsm white scallop edged C6 card and matching envelope
  • Offcut of silver DCWV metallic stack, edged using an EK success punch
  • Offcut of Black/silver DCWV "rockstar" stack
  • White panel offcut, trimmed to fit and coloured using an un-inked Tim Holtz blender tool so just faintly pinkish purple background
  • Sparkle 'n Sprinkle dancing couple image inked using Hero Arts black dye ink
  • Alcohol markers to colour image
  • Studiog sentiment inked using Hero Arts black dye ink

Hope you like it, I'm a LITTLE worried that my fellow LIM-ettes may feel it doesn't have quite enough white space but ..........

Here's the thing ..... Tim Holtz limited edition seasonal colours - how many of you bought them? Me too, all but the 2011 fall colours and that was only 'cos I missed them. NOW I hear that Ranger have introduced them in to their regular collection so we can all buy them all year round - boy, do I feel silly for falling for the LIMITED EDITION .... get them whilst they are available hype!! Still .... they are lovely. I just succumbed to the summer colours and that picked raspberry and salty ocean really are yummy. I've not tried mowed lawn yet but suspect I will love it too. Ah well, last fall/autumn's colours look lovely too so I've the chance to get them, after all!! My only problem will be .... where to keep the ones I have now they no longer fit in the container! Any suggestions?

Last night saw us heading out to dinner with our lovely neighbours, Sally and Roger, our chosen venue? The Olive Garden - both Steve and I were a bit steaked out so this was perfect. I chose the Shrimp mezzaluna which is a cheese stuffed ravioli in a shrimp sauce - delish and the perfect portion size too. Ravioli never looks particularly beautiful in a bowl so there are no photographs today but, suffice it to say, I would happily order it again. Back to our place afterwards for more chat and a bevy or two - a lovely evening spent with friends - perfect!

Here's hoping that you will all have a very happy Sunday - ENJOY


11 comments:

Netty said...

Love your beautiful card Kathy, x

Sue said...

Fabulous anniversary card, Kathy. That image is very striking. Sue x

Debs M said...

great card and image x

~ Ali Watson ~ said...

Fab Kathy love it

ali x

Brenda Brown said...

The card looks perfect to me. Glad you had a great evening.
hugs {brenda} xox

Lynne said...

Gorgeous Kathy.
Lynne xxx

Katiejane said...

Cor that meal sounds delich.
TH Distress inks are probably my faves as not only are the colours perfect but I just adore the names! "Salty Ocean" how cool is that?
Great LIM card, silver is a colour I rarely dabble in but it works a treat on your card.
Enjoy your week Kathy.
Katie x

Lilian said...

Lovely card Kathy. I know where you could keep your colours you have not room for but i guess the answer will be NO lol.
Hugs
lilian

Mandi said...

TH inks are suchFAB pads though eh, still a worthwhile purchase....cheeky of Ranger though!!
Fabby card, super image
Thank you very much
Mandi LIM

Chrissie said...

Fab card Kathy and it's got purple too!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
Less is More

Inkyfingers said...

There is enough white space here for my taste Kathy and I think your card is very stylish. Hope you got your lie in!