Friday, 26 October 2012

TGIF peeps!

Hi there,

Out shopping yesterday with my pal and neighbour, Sally. We visited the Florida mall and I started my proper Christmas shopping but I had seen a cute handbag in J C Penney's - but they didn't have this in the Florida Mall! Oopsie! After we had lunch at Charlie's subs we headed back to Posner Park to the J C Penney's there and, yes, I DID find the bag there so bought ....... TWO!!! Couldn't decide which colour to buy - terrible excuse I know! We were fascinated by the new restaurant opened up in the mall - wasabi sushi, where you select from a conveyor belt!!! We spoke to the manager there who confirmed they'd only been open a couple of weeks. Sally's son and daughter both like sushi so I bet they'll be giving it a try soon!

And now for a quick Christmas card ..



Materials used:
  • 12.5 cm square, 250 gsm white card and matching envelope
  • 12 cm square black card panel
  • 11.5 cm panel of green glitter card from a DCWV stack
  • Inkadinkado image inked using Memento tuxedo black ink on to a white card panel, matter on to green glitter card and then black card
  • White satin ribbon with Merry Christmas in silver on it
  • Silver snowflake
  • Crystal stickles to highlight

Cute Card Thursday has launched challenge #240 and it's SOMETHING SCARY

Pan Pastels have challenge #41 ongoing for the rest of today and it's ANIMALS

Here are some more pics from our trip to Lake Toho on Wednesday ....

Lake Toho - if you look carefully to the centre front of the pic you should see the bald eagle

Panoramic of the picnic area at Lake Toho

And now for the Friday Funny, this week another one I got off Pat - thanks Pat!! ENJOY



Happy Friday and have a great weekend.


7 comments:

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

Hahaha . . . chuckling at your Friday Funny.

Fabbo Christmas card Kathy. If you feel inclined, you can enter into my Rudolph Day challenge . . . there's a chance to win a PB stamp too.

Hugs
Sarn xxx

clare said...

...LOL!! just loving your funny friday. that did make me laugh!! so you won't be trying sushi then kathy? another great xmas card too. x

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

YAY . . . you entered.

Good luck xxx

My name is Wynneth said...

Smashing christmas card kathy, I do love that text tree stamp. Sounds like you had a fun time with Sally - I saw the sushi conveyor belt and thought it looked like a fun way to dine !

Great FF too, made me smile :OD
luv
wynneth
x

Brenda said...

Love your card, the text tree is so cool looking! I've never seen food on a conver belt but sounds like it could be fun! Love your Friday funny-was nice to have a good chuckle!

scrappymo! said...

The text Christmas tree is just fabulous...Love that stamp!
Great card.

Katiejane said...

You had me at bags, but Xmas shopping too? Blimey you are on the ball.
Great piccies, when are you home?
Katie x