Thursday, 25 October 2012

Thursday .... but it will soon be FRIDAY!

Morning all,

Hope you are all having a good day and that it's not too cold where you are.

And now for a Christmas card - too early? I think not, lots of my crafting pals are in a near panic as they've only just started. That was me, a couple of years ago and I ended up making Christmas cards right up to Christmas Eve just to keep up and I said then "never again"!. Since then, I've always tried to make a few each month throughout the year, the last minute run up doesn't seem half so bad then .... so I make no apologies for this card!! Hope you like it too!



Materials used:
  • 300 gsm white, scallop edged C6 card and matching envelope
  • 14 x 9.5 cm black card panel
  • 13.5 x 9 cm brick red card panel
  • Hero Arts sentiments and inkadinkado snowflake trail inked using Memento tuxedo black ink on to brick layer, crystal stickles applied to the centre of the snowflakes.
  • Recollections candy cane inked using Memento tuxedo black ink on to white panel and edged using Distress Ink (barn door) applied using a Tim Holtz blending tool
  • Alcohol markers used to colour image and crystal stickles applied to bow, to highlight and just plain add sparkle!
  • White image panel matted first on to brick red panel and then black card panel
  • We R Memory Keepers black bakers twine tied in to an off centre knot
Went out for a drive yesterday afternoon - to Lake Toho (properly known as Lake Tohopekaliga) which is a lake which, at first, looks like ocean - it has a beach and a small pier too! It's a lovely place to spend an hour or so, nice walks too. The streets which butt up to it are named after U.S. states and have their state trees at the end of the road in many cases - not all flourish in the Florida climate! We were treated to the fabulous sight of a bald eagle only about 40' - 50' away from us. We both snapped away and got this one before he flew away.
I'm a bit on the shy side
Oh alright then!


HOWEVER, he came round for a bit of a fly past and I was lucky enough to catch this one during the show - NEVER seen one that close before.
I bet you wish you could fly!!!

Happy Thursday peeps

5 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

I did start my xmas cards a bit late for me this year....but most of them are made now.
A lovely card.

Lilian said...

Lovely card Kathy. The pictures are great. wonderful shot of him/her flying.
Hugs lilian

My name is Wynneth said...

Awesome photos kathy, never been to that lake so it's a 'must do' on our next trip !

Love that christmas card, it was so much better IRL too. Don't kmow about you but I'm so glad that 'wynneth made us do it' and we got that great set of stamps.
luv
wynneth
x

clare said...

Lovely photos kathy and well done on another Xmas card. X

Katiejane said...

You are just so organised Kathy. Up until today I had only made 1. Til I squeezed a quick crafty sesh in today and now I have a total of 4! Wohoo...
Katie