Wednesday, 3 October 2012

What's On Your Work Desk Wednesday

Hi,

Yesterday was a busy day as I was out shopping with our lovely neighbour, Sally. We nipped across to The Loop as Sally wanted to head in to Pier 1 Imports, Bed, Bath & Beyond and Michael's ..... yes, it was SALLY who wanted to go in to Michael's!!! I KNOW!! I just bought the black and white gelato's - to compliment the silver and gold I bought recently ($3.99 but with a 40% discount!!!) - how I LOVE coupons! I also picked up a couple of stocking fillers in BAM! (Books A Million) and replaced my lost handbag hook in Pier 1. After shopping till we dropped (not a big spend day though - must have been all shopped out after yesterday!) we headed to Johnny Rockets for lunch - a 50's style diner which serves great burgers and fab cheese and bacon smothered fries! Mmmmmm. Once fully refreshed we hit a couple more stores before heading home ..... footsore!! and on to the crafting ......

Over on CASology it's the turn of the week #13 challenge, which is: "ZOO" ..... and I have the JUST PERFECT new image in my stash too .....


Materials used:
  • 300 gsm white scallop edged card and matching envelope
  • 7.5 x 10 cm black card panel
  • 7 x 9.5 cm kraft card panel
  • 6.5 x 9 cm white card panel
  • Hampton Art image and Imagine That sentiment inked in Hero Arts black ink
  • Alcohol inks to colour
  • Faux crystal gemstones to embellish


Also from my new stash comes this card using the FAB image from Sparkle 'n Sprinkle acquired on my trip on Monday ....


Materials used:
  • 12.5 cm square, white, 250 gsm card and matching envelope
  • Offcut of white card and black card to mat (deploying the Martha Stewart flourish punch to the top and bottom edges).
  • Distress Ink in picked raspberry applied Direct To Paper (a technique shamelessly stolen from pal, Wynneth)
  • Sparkle 'n Sprinkle image inked using Hero Arts black ink
  • Faux crystals applied to embellish
Hope you like it.

I'll leave you with a photo of how my work desk (shared at present with the above Wynneth!) looks this week -



Happy Wednesday

13 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

Love that second card,Kathy.

Lauren Hatwell said...

Smashing cards and a veeeery inviting looking workdesk there Your Purpleness. HAve a fab day Lx

Ardyth said...

Love your adorable lion with the balloon! Thanks so much for joining us on our trip to the CASology zoo!

Brenda Brown said...

Lovely cards and lots of crafty goodies spread across your table with more to come lol.
hugs {brenda} xox

Melissa said...

Oh, this is so adorable...yes, you work desk is too! LOL! I love that adorable little lion and his balloon! The scalloped edges are a great touch too!! Thanks so much for joining us at CASology this week! :)

Tracey McNeely said...

Your lion card is so sweet. Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at CASology!

Darnell J Knauss said...

Great cards, Kathy! I especially love your darling little lion!! You are a shopping diva!!

A gecko? How cool is that???? Pictures?

Thanks for finding me and coming around to visit earlier. Apparently on the WOYWW list, I linked back to Julia like a Mow Ron, so I'm #146 now. Oh well, have a great week if I don't talk to you sooner!

Lilian said...

Great cards Kathy. I love the lion. Work desk looks as though you have both been very busy.
Hugs lilian

Rosemary said...

fab card, kathy! love how you colored the lion... thanks for playing along with CASology!

Debs M said...

fab desk and i love the cards...i think i love the lion slightly more - great colouring too x

Patrice said...

Great use of the prompt - I'd love for you to link up at 52 Card Pickup this week and enter my giveaway!

http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/10/52-card-pickup-week-40-and-giveaway.html

Jen W. said...

Love that sweet little lion! Thanks for playing along at CASology this week!

Jenny @ I-dream-in-paper.blogspot.co.uk said...

That lion is great. Fantastic colouring. Jenny