Wednesday, 17 October 2012

Woo Hoo, Wednesday once more!

Hi there,

Bit late again for me!! Got my holiday head on I reckon!!

Anyhoo, up and out again early this morning as the cable company digibox chucked its hand in last night and we can't be without the digibox!!! So, it was up and out before 09:00 this morning and off to Auburndale to the Bright House offices - exchange really easy though we were accosted by some people for whom English was a second language .... they appeared to want quarters for the public call box and wanted to exchange 20c for 50c!!! Hmm - we were less than convinced!

Now we're back at home and hubby is setting up the replacement digi box - let's hope this one works!

Before I hit the table of craftiness I have a card to share with you and a photo of one of the weirdest Christmas decorations I've seen in a while!



Materials used:
  • 12.5 cm square white, 250 gsm card and matching envelope
  • 12 cm square Kraft card panel
  • 11.5 cm square DCWV paper from their WINTER stack
  • Studiog image/sentiment inked using Memento tuxedo black ink on to white card, corners rounded and edged in red before matting on to more DCWV paper, white card edged with a Martha Stewart punch and finally matted on to Kraft card with two rounded corners
  • Green stickles drawn over the tree boughs to add sparkle
  • Two glitter "drops" to embellish

What do you think? You know, since I developed this love for Clean And Simple I always feel that my patterned cards end up too fussy!!

And now for the King Kong photo, taken in a Lowe's D-I-Y store, in the Christmas section along with all the gorgeous Christmas trees was this .......



So, tell me again what's Christmas-y about King Kong!!!!
AND did you know that you can even buy cardboard specs with lenses to make your Christmas trees look all twinkly? They're very similar to the 3D specs you get free but they have a sort of "star filter" grid in the lenses which make the lights look really pretty - wonder if wearing them makes you walk in to stuff though! All I know is I wouldn't want to wear them for any great length of time - they so do NOT make you look smarter either!! Should have gotten a photo huh!?

Anyway, got friends round this afternoon for a bit of a pool party "thang" before heading out to dinner so watch out - there may be photos tomorrow!!!

Have a great Wednesday, what's left of it!

1 comment:

Brenda Brown said...

Love your card, sorry I'm late.
Hugs Brenda xox