Wednesday, 24 October 2012

Wot? Wednesday? AGAIN?

Morning all,

Yesterday sort of disappeared in a blur ..... it started off with me finishing my book on my kindle - I always intended to get out on the pool deck but time just got away from me - ever have days like that?

I did manage a little light crafting and made a couple of cards, unfortunately, I heard from a pal that her mum had passed away on Sunday, so one of the cards was one of those difficult cards - the sympathy card
  • Materials used:
  • 12.5 cm square white, 250 gsm card and matching envelope
  • 12 cm square black card panel
  • 11.5 cm square white card panel
  • Post its - to mask
  • Distress Inks: picked raspberry, salty ocean and dusty concord
  • Inkadinkado "Meadow" image and Clearly Wordsworth sentiment inked using Memento tuxedo black
Materials used:
  • 300 gsm white, scallop edged C6 card and matching envelope
  • 14 x 9 cm black card panel
  • 13.5 x 8.5 cm grey card panel
  • 13 x 8 cm white panel
  • Distress Inks: picked raspberry, salty ocean, dusty concord
  • water, flicked from fingers on to panel and left to react before mopping with paper towel
  • Stampers Anonymous check and circle images inked using Studiog purple and lilac inks
  • TPC Studio dressmakers dummy and matching sentiment inked using Memento tuxedo black ink
  • Hampton Arts hand image inked using Memento grape jelly ink
Hubby fancied heading out yesterday afternoon so we headed north and visited the Oviedo mall - dreadfully depressing as many of the stores were closed. Moving on to the Waterford Lakes outdoor mall and, surprise surprise, it has both a Michaels and a Joann's!! Luckily, there was also a Home Depot next door for hubby to head in to whilst I amused myself. Can't share what I bought as it's a gift for a pal.
On the way home we decided to hit the Millers Orlando Ale House and I selected their fresh fish sandwich and selected blackened Mahi Mahi - it was DELICIOUS.
Happy Wednesday - here's how my work desk looks this week ......

5 comments:

clare said...

beautiful colours on your cards kathy. lunch looks huge but fab! love all the stash on your workdesk too. x

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

I love your cards - especially the first one . . . totally gorgeous.

Happy WOYWW xxx

Dora said...

It's always so lovely to hop on here and see what you are up to ... and you always make me wish I was there in Orlando with you :) mmm that foodie looks really yummy and I love your cards, esp the first one. so beautiful, just perfect for a Sympathy. Hugs xxx

Debs M said...

love the cards, the sympathy one is gorgeous. Wow thats a big lunch! x

My name is Wynneth said...

Two gorgeous cards kathy, love them both. Glad you tried out the Ale House, we never did find time to go there ! Great to hear the food was good. Good luck with packing all your stash away when the time comes LOL
luv
wynneth
x