Sunday, 4 November 2012

A day to stay in perhaps?!

Hi all,

What a cruddy old day again, chucking it down with rain most of the night and earlier this morning, the rain has stopped now but it looks like that may only be temporary!! Hmmmf - definitely a day to stay in and craft!

Only one project to share with you today but it did take me much of the morning. OK, that was AFTER a late start as neither of us set the alarm and guess what? It was 10:00 when we woke up! Oops



Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 300 gsm, scallop edged card and matching envelope
  • 14½cm square of kraft card
  • 14cm white card panel
  • Distress Inks, applied using a Tim Holtz blending tool : pumice stone, tea dye, rusty hinge, black soot
  • Water flicked from fingers over distressing, allowed to develop and then blotted with kitchen roll
  • All images inked using Memento cocoa bean: Funstamps (car), Stamp Expressions (telephone), Hampton Arts (ledger) Kaisercraft (phonograph) and Inkadinkado (steampunk balloon)
  • Tim Holtz die cut clock face and hands from kraft card which was then smooshed using the excess D.I. on the blending tool to just soften the clean edges
  • Paper Artsy sentiment inked using Versafine onyxy black on to white card and then coloured using tea dye distress ink with black soot just to edge
  • Silver sugared brad to hold the clock hands in place
And here's a closer shot of the centre



This is for the November challenge over on the Craftbubble group Craft Mad & Loving It which is "IF I COULD SAVE TIME IN A BOTTLE" and basically features time (obviously) gone by, with lots of images from the past many of which I've never seen and am never likely to see. Hope you like it - do you think I should spray goosebumps texture spray over the piece? or not? I'm also entering this on the allsorts blog where their challenge is #179 - FOR MEN ONLY and also on the Here come the boys blog where challenge #39 is DIE CUTS AND PUNCHES

Over on the Pan Pastels blog the new challenge has been launched and it is BONFIRE NIGHT! Not sure how I feel about this challenge but, if I have time, I'll give it my best shot! I LOVE my pan pastels and this blog challenge is perfect because, you don't HAVE to use pans to enter, you DO get the chance to win of the lovely rich creamy PP's - GOOD LUCK

Have a great day - hope it's stopped raining where you are!


11 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

I love it,Kathy...great just as it is.

Craftyrose said...

It's fabulous Kathy! I do love the die cut and I don't use mine as often as I should! Hope the wetaher has perked up where you are we also had a lie in this morning and especially when we saw the snow lashing down!!

Woo said...

I love this die cut clock! Fab card! Thanks for playing at Here Come The Boys! Woo x

clare said...

fab card kathy, love the water splatters on the gorgeous background. don't think it needs goosebumps really. good luck in the challenges. x

TAM said...

Fabulous card as alwaya Kathy - you were not the only late starters today although I probably beat you by about 10 minutes. I put mine down to a busy day yesterday looking round Portsmouth Uni and the travel there and back again.

Lilian said...

great card Kathy. Well done Hugs lilian

Brenda Brown said...

Lovely vintage images and design Kathy.
Hope you've had a good day crafting.
hugs {brenda} xox

Debs M said...

great die cut and images x

Katiejane said...

A 10:00 lie in -cor I forgot what that is ;)
What an intriguing card, very different to your usual style but so effective and those colours are stunning.
Will we be seeing a change in the PP future of CAS I wonder?
Katie x

Mummy lade said...

this is a wonderful creation Kathy! Thank you so much for entering it in our challenge at Allsorts this week and good luck!

Lisa said...

Fantastic card. Love the die cut clock. Thanks for joining us at Here Come The Boys and good luck!! x