Friday, 16 November 2012

An early Thanksgiving Funny today ..... read on!

Morning readers,
Here we are at Friday again, where HAS the last week gone? Well both hubby and I have been seeing off colds and here's hoping we're about there now. After all these leaps with medicine you would surely think a cure for the common cold couldn't be that hard - could it? Ah well - what's a lost week here and there!
Wednesday evening saw us at the home of surrogate daughter #2 and her partner, for the purpose of drawing our Secret Santa partners. Nick's partner, Alan, cooked for us and we all left the table super stuffed, rather like a Christmas turkey. The draw, needless to say, didn't take very long - even quicker than usual as no-one managed to select themselves this year!! Obviously, I can't tell you who hubby and I drew - just in case one or more of them checks in on my bloggy but, suffice it to say I was delighted with choice as I immediately knew what I wanted to get for that person and just have to hope they will be as pleased to open said giftie which is going to be in three parts! Sadly, hubby has not been so lucky as he doesn't have a clue what he will get his S.S. partner - he's only got two presents to buy ..... S.S. and MINE!!!! The rest of the Christmas shopping is coming along apace thank heavens and I've started wrapping as gifts are completed - pheww! My little pile of wrapped parcels is growing as my unwrapped pile dwindles - can hardly wait to put the tree up now and place them all around the base - YAY. It's beginning to feel a bit like Christmas!! What is it? 40 Days? Yikes - best I get shopping!
I've also started writing my Christmas cards and, once again, the unwritten pile gets smaller as the written pile gets bigger - funny how that happens! Looks like I have enough hand made cards again this year - HUZZAH, so, any extras I make between now and Christmas will probably go toward next year now! I DO have to make a special one for my dear hubby though.

Having this cold has meant that I've not really felt much like crafting hence my lack of a daily post this week. I must, however, be feeling a smidge better as I got up this morning with a burning desire to do a journal page and to use one of the sentiments from my recent acquisitions from Lost Coast and Studio 490 which I think you'll understand in light of my craft free "wasted few days"!



Materials used:
  • A4 journal page
  • Pan Pastels in yellows/blues/greens which I then set with the last of my Winsor & Newton fixative!
  • Kaisercraft background image , Tim Holtz pointing hand and Dylusions leaf trail inked using Memento bamboo
  • Creative Expressions chicken wire inked using Versacolour orchid
  • Dylusions check border "path" inked using Memento bright blue (can't remember what it's properly called) and another beneath, using Memento Paris Dusk
  • Stampa Rosa face inked using Memento London Fog
  • Close to the Heart numbers inked using Memento rosebud
  • Inkadinkado circles inked using Memento Dandelion
  • Studio 490 sentiments inked using Versafine onyx black
  • Lost Coast Designs image inked using Memento grape jelly, cut out and edged/coloured with alcohol markers
  • A little doodling using signo uniball in pink and orange

And there you have it - a journalling page to explain my lost week ...... the voices? Well those MUST have been the ones telling me to get shot of that cold and get back to doing something creative!!! Ya reckon?

With Thanksgiving in the U.S. being next Thursday (22nd)  this weeks Friday Funny seemed appropriate!

And now for the Friday Funny which, this week, comes courtesy of you tube so we can blame them for this early Thanksgiving funny

Click on the link here and turn the sound ON

Have a great Friday and an even better weekend


4 comments:

clare said...

your journal page looks great, lots of cheerful colours..which is just what you need while getting rid of that cold. the new figure inks up really well too! x

Brenda Brown said...

Hope you are feeling a bit better now and soon will be back to full recovery.
Your journal page looks like you had fun creating it.
Hugs Brenda xxx

Susheel Kaur said...

This is AWESOME Kathy.. I have only started recently exploring artjournal.. I like the colours you chose.

hugs,
x

Lilian said...

Great colours Kathy. Looks like you had a great time with it. Hugs
lilian