Tuesday, 6 November 2012

Chilly Tuesday

Hi there,

Chilly day yesterday wasn't it? Didn't get above 8°c all day and much of it was spent around 5°c - brr. Today's supposed to be no better so I hope you are all staying warm. It certainly started off badly with a THICK white frost everywhere - in a month's time it would make me feel pretty festive but today? Not so much!

Good time for hubby to decide to start pulling furniture out and dusting and vacuuming - I felt quite tired just watching!

Unfortunately for me there was a reason for this and now the unit that houses all my LP's (and there are a lot of those) is now in my 2nd bedroom along with the stereo. He has a plan ........ and some software and I can sit and play all my old LP's and record them on to the computer thus allowing for the disposal of all my vinyl and the reclamation of rather a lot of storage space!! Stereo will go too as we can play CD's in the DVD player and there's a radio on the TV - all  really rather clever these days - when I think back to my first stereo!! No, it didn't come with a dog sat in front of it (remember it's name? It was NIPPER!).

Now, on a different subject .... here's a card I made earlier ..... not sure about it and would welcome opinions - sentiment/no sentiment? If it's sentiment .... what colour?



Materials used:
  • 15 cm square, white, 300 gsm scallop edged card and matching envelope
  • 14 cm square red card panel
  • 13½cm square panel of patterned paper by My Minds Eye
  • off cuts of red card and spotty paper
  • Die cut circle of red holographic card
  • Snowman image inked some while ago and I don't recall who the image is by, die cut to fit the circle
  • Alcohol markers to colour
  • Crystal stickles to embellish
I've entered this in to the CHRISTMAS card challenge on the Craftbubble group Crafters Delights and also for the November challenge over on the AUNTYS forum where the challenge is "A STAMPED IMAGE AND SOME BLING" - no prizes on either forum - it's just for fun!

Have a great day - I'm off to the hairdressers, in my own car if the battery has arrived and hubby's if not!!! It's about time, I'm starting to feel like I'm peering through net curtains so I KNOW it's time for a trim!


5 comments:

Debs M said...

great card, i would add a sentiment tho..hmm maybe in green x

scrappyjacky said...

I love the card,Kathy....but think I would add a sentiment.

My name is Wynneth said...

Lovely chrimbo card kathy, I do so love stripey christmas papers. I would add a round sentiment, stamped with red ink I think ! Do you have slightly smaller dies than those used for the image layer ? If so I think I'd mirror these layers but smaller with the sentiment in the middle. If not, then maybe a banner type sentiment ? A few suggestions for you to think about LOL
luv
wynneth
x

Brenda Brown said...

I would add a sentiment Kathy on your lovely card, black on red I think for me.
Hope you got to the hairdresser OK.
hugs {brenda} xox

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

Great card . . . and I'm in total agreement with Wynneth on the sentiment.
xxx