Monday, 26 November 2012

Monday again - AND it's NOT raining!!!!

Hi there,

Hope your day is going well and that you haven't been too badly affected by the recent "weather" - it's been VILE, hasn't it?

Nothing for it yesterday but to craft - something I've had a week off from and was feeling the urge to rectify last evening. Hubby had gone out and I set to work.

I had joined a small swap (ATC, inchie, rinchie, twinchie or Moo - our choice) recently and needed to make five of whatever I chose. Now, having had a week away from my craft table I discovered that I had lost the power to make a decision!!! YIKES - it looked a little scary here for a moment. I started off spraying a couple of inks on a piece of A4 paper and blotting it. I had an image in mind, decided it wouldn't show so went for another image. Inked it, stamped it, hated it and moved on to plan B. I set aside the "hated" ATC and set to work on others ....... happily crafting away to Arthur Christmas on the telly! Hubby came home and I blithely showed him what I'd been up to in his absence, his favourite? My hated ATC!!! TYPICAL! I slept on it ...... got up this morning and yep, I agree, I liked the "hated" ATC best of the bunch so set to work making four more to match it.

Now, sadly, this means I can't share it with you until after the swaps have been sent out but I CAN share the ATC's I moved on to and which are now my "spares"!!


Materials used:
  • ATC blank coloured using Distress Ink in Festive Berries, applied with a Tim Holtz blending tool
  • Hero Arts Flourish inked using Distress Ink Festive Berries
  • Hero Arts sentiment stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Inkadinkado reindeer image stamped on to white card using Versafine onyx black ink and cut out and adhered to my main ATC.
  • Crystal stickles to highlight.
Don't you just love the rich red of that distress ink?



Materials used:
  • ATC blank coloured using Distress Inks: iced spruce and pine needles
  • Dylusions spray ink (grass green) spritzed centrally and blotted using kitchen roll.
  • Hero Arts sentiment stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Penny Black pine bough inked using versamark ink and sprinkled with black sparkle embossing powder before heating
I LOVE that pine bough image and was pleasantly surprised by the effect of the distress inks/spray inks too




Materials used:
  • ATC blank spritzed with crafty notions spray ink in POPPY
  • Inkadinkado snowflakes and a seasonal sentiment (from Target) inked using Versafine onyx black
  • Inkadinkado reindeer stamped twice (using Versafine onyx black ink), once on to ATC blank and second time on to white card and cut out. Using small 3D foam I decoupaged it
  • Crystal stickles to highlight
The reindeer image is so fab I wonder I don't use it more!



Materials used:
  • ATC blank coloured using Distress Inks: iced spruce and pine needles
  • Inkadinkado snowflake image inked using D.I. iced spruce and highlighted with crystal stickles
  • Hero Arts sentiment stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Inkadinkado tree (from the same set as the fab reindeer and snowflake - aren't they a fab set?) stamped on to white card using versamark ink and green glitter embossing powder and then cut out
  • Faux crystal gemstone adhered to top of tree

However, here is a little teaser of the swap ATC I went with - hope you like it.



Hope you are all keeping dry, warm and safe with all the "weather", we've actually had sunshine though it's beaten a hasty retreat right now ........ but (she whispers) it's not ACTUALLY raining right now! Phewww!!!! Happy Monday

8 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

Well it's flippin well raining here (though it did at least wait until I got back from walking the dogs :oD)

With these smashing ATC's to whet our appetites I can hardly wait to see what the "hated" one looks like. It's sure to be an absolute stunner at this rate :o)

Lx

Barb said...

What festive ATCs, luv them!
Barb

Lilian said...

Great ATC'C love the tree.
Hugs
lilian

scrappyjacky said...

And it's still raining here!!
Love the reindeer.

Brenda Brown said...

Looks like you had a great evening crafting your ATCs.
Would you believe it's raining in Lanzarote this afternoon? Well it is, luckily I brought a few bits of crafty stuff with me lol.
Hugs Brenda xxx

Debs M said...

love these and you are right about the reindeer!!

My name is Wynneth said...

It was a very soggy day down here in Cornwall too yesterday, however today dawned lacking the patter of raindrops on the conservatory roof ! Fingers crossed we won't get any wet stuff today then.

WOW !!! loving all these fabulous ATCs young kathy, I would be hard put to choose a favourite from this little lot ;OD Can't wait to see the 'reject' hated swap ATC IRL later after the sneaky peek you've teased us with.

Have a great tuesday - me ? off to grapple with the finishing touches to the VAT return :O(
luv
wynneth
x

Katiejane said...

These are beautiful Kathy, I love the deer with the red background. What a great way to pass a rainy old day.
Katie x