Friday, 9 November 2012

The weekend is almost upon us!

Hi there,
Yesterday I was away from my desk of purpleness all day ... I was in Swindon meeting up with crafting buddies. I met Debs at Snazzy's and we shared a coffee whilst waiting for the train bringing our third pal in to Swindon ...... once she was safely delivered to us we headed to the outlet mall where we had a pretty nice lunch (pannini's for Debs and I and a great big baked potato for Lauren!). A foray of the mall found us all availing ourselves of some choccie in the Cadbury store and Debs managed to buy some shoes. Lauren however, was shaking her head and saying "I MUST come back but in the car next time"!! as she passed all these lovely places she would have loved to have shopped!! Ooops. Next we hit Snazzy's the objective for the day and did a fair bit of shopping in their. We each managed a little Christmas shopping so can't share those purchases on our blogs.

Debs and Lauren - shopping for ENGLAND!!!

My stash haul (the bits I CAN share) was surprisingly modest but I HAVE just returned with a suitcase full of craft goodies from my recent vacation!
The it was time for a little refreshment at the coffee shop conveniently situated just a couple of doors from Snazzys! Mmmm
Front right is how the hot chocolate was served and the other two are in various stages of stir fest!
Debs enjoying the hot choc and Lauren thumbing her way through the latest issue of Craft Stamper!
Once we were done here it was off to Homebase to peruse their Christmas department and bathroom accessories as one of us is enduring the hardship of a bathroom refurbishment this week and next! Debs then headed off north and east and Lauren and I headed to the station, for her London bound train.
Thanks for a lovely day Debs and Lauren - look forward to doing it again some time ...... soon!

Now, since yesterday I have realised two things: 
  1. The husband has a cold and has, suddenly, become almost entirely incapable - feel better soon hun
  2. I WISH I had bought those Timmy blueprint minis ...... so it was on-line first thing for me.
Snazzy's have sold their last set - which MAY mean Lauren succumbed (as only Debs was smart enough at the time!) ........ have credit card - will trawl! HUZZAH, I found them for £1 more but with free P&P so they are safely winging their way to me, along with a Lost Coast pal who will be perfect for my mini journal and/or ATC's! I'm happy! - least I will be once the husband's cold is better and IF I don't catch it too!, but what are the odds?

And now for the Friday Funny .... it's from Lilian again this week and came to me in e-mail form entitled "a Friday Funny?"

An Irishman was terribly overweight, so his doctor put him on a diet. "I want you to eat regularly for 2 days, then skip a day, and repeat this procedure for 2 weeks. The next time I see you, you should have lost at least 5 pounds."

When the Irishman returned, he shocked the doctor by having lost nearly 60 POUNDS!

"Why, that's amazing!" the doctor said, "Did you follow my instructions?"

The Irishman nodded..."I'll tell you though, by jaesuz, I t'aut I were going to drop dead dat 3rd day."

"From hunger, you mean?", asked the doctor


wait for it ...........................................


"No, from all that (insert chosen expletive here!) skippin'!!!!! Ta Dah!


Have a great weekend peeps



8 comments:

catherine said...

Kathy ,you all looked to have had such a fabulous time together and the best therapy ever being with craft friends. I'm hoping to get those blueprint stamps at the weekend!!
Friday funny certainly made me laugh this morning - thanks for that
x catherine

Debs M said...

fabulous day out!! we will do it again soon!

great ff x

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

Your shopping trip looks fun . .. especially when you reached those hot chocolates!

Loved the Friday Funny!

Have a great weekend.

Hugs
Sarn xxx


scrappyjacky said...

You three certainly know how to shop....sounds like a great day out.

My name is Wynneth said...

You all certainly made the best of your day together didn't you LOL Lovely to hear all about it and see the pix.

Poor mr k, hope he feels better soon and that you don't succumb. If it's the same germies we picked up on our flight home, it's pretty virulent :o( You'd best up your vit C intake and keep your fingers crossed.

Great FF :OD Looking forward to seeing your Lost Coast stamp, I don't have any of their range..... so far LOL
luv
wynneth
x

clare said...

that is one fab looking store kathy and new stash looks great, as does that hot choccie i might add! have a good weekend. x

Viv said...

Looks like a great day out and lots of goodies too....loved the joke too btw. he he :) Viv xx

Katiejane said...

I do hope Steve is feeling better, poor guy.
Well I have to say I do remember that wall head to toe with stamps, brings back nice memories.
Those drinks look delicious and I think I would have gone for the baked spud too ;)
Lauren looks really well, nice to see you all getting crafty together. Wish I wasn't so far away.
Have a lovely week Kathy.
Katie x