Tuesday, 20 November 2012

The winner of the caption competition

Hello readers,

Not much crafting this week hence my lack of posts. Hubby went out last night and I thought I should stir myself! One of my crafting pals made some glorious wrapping paper recently which gave me an idea to make some to match my tags - like her though, there is NO WAY I plan to duplicate this by the number of presents left to wrap!!! See below and I THINK you will see why.

Stamped brown paper

Close up of stamped paper

Voila!!!

Materials used:
  • IKEA brown wrapping paper
  • Stampers Anonymous mini blueprint images and Versafine onyx black ink
  • Costco red/green wired ribbon
  • Tag made recently using Kraft card, white card, bakers twine and one of the blueprint images

Sorry for the delay but I only just caught up with the pal who took the photo that started the CAPTION COMPETITION. She's now picked the winner

This was the photo

 

And the winner is ...... (drum roll please) .......

KATIEJANE

and her winning caption?

Katiejane said... "Bugger, why did I put mint sauce in my rice pudding?" The look on your face is screaming it lol!

Look out for a little something in the post soon Katie! Thanks to everyone who entered and thanks to Debbie for the idea and the selection of the winner - cheers mate!

Happy Tuesday


8 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

LOL - Well done KatieJanie.

Beautiful wrappy there Kathy. It looks simply fabulous. Well worth the effort.

Lx

scrappyjacky said...

I often see magazines suggesting you make your own wrapping paper and always think "not likely".....but you've done a great job here.

Debs M said...

paper looks fab but I wouldn't do it! Well done KatieJane x

My name is Wynneth said...

What fabulous wrapping paper kathy, Looooovvvveeeee those mini blueprint stamps! That is a parcel that anyone would love to find under there tree on 25th December. Loving the kraft/brown and red combo this year and you've really rocked it girlfriend !!! :OD

Congrats Katiejane, that really is a great caption and I can just here you saying that kathy ha...ha...!
luv
wynneth
x

Barb King said...

Great idea about the wrapping paper and I love those Tim stamps, I;ve got to get some of those!

Aileen said...

A beautifully wrapped package. Love your paper. x

Brenda Brown said...

The wrapping looks fabulous but I can imagine was very time consuming..
I am away now for a couple of weeks but have got wifi and my iPad so that will keep me going.
Take care.
Hugs Brenda xx

Katiejane said...

OoH THAT'S ME! I recieved my sweet prize and will reply to your email shortly.
Loving your wrapping paper, those stamps are devine.
Katie x