Monday, 5 November 2012

Welcome to the start of another week

Morning,

I see Monday's swung around again and it's my sixth day without a car ...... battery problems - but this situation should be resolved today or tomorrow, with the delivery of a new battery in time for a meeting with pals later in the week!

Apparently, it's 49 days to Christmas - like who's counting? How are you getting along with your card making and present buying? Hubby and I will be heading to the surrogates sometime real soon and we'll do the draw to see who we get to buy for this Christmas. We usually have a get together on Boxing Day (occasionally the day after) and surrogate grandson usually plays Santa and we have a second Christmas Day - there's usually food and drink involved and silly party games or pub quizzes and a great time is had by all. Once we've had the draw then I can crack on with my Christmas shopping - I'm about half way right now, thank goodness. We were at the mall on Saturday afternoon and it's starting to look mobbed already I do NOT want to be doing my last minute shopping in December - I'll leave that to others!

With such a ghastly day yesterday it was more of a day to stay in and craft so I did not only the multiple challenge masculine card but another which also fit two challenges - so, it would appear that I'm on a roll!


Materials used:
  • 12½cm square white 250 gsm card and matching envelope
  • 12 cm white card panel edged with black ink
  • Imagine That sentiment inked using Versafine onyx black and cut at a jaunty angle before matting on to black card and leaving a VERY narrow border.
  • Offcut of black card
  • A selection of Magenta (large image) and Hero Arts images inked using versamark ink and then perfect pearls powders in pink, lilac, red, gold, green and pearl applied with a brush and the excess brushed off before setting with hairspray. Diagonally opposing corners rounded
  • Silver mirri card used for matting and the diagonally opposing corners rounded.

Here's a closer shot of the "bright" element!



This card is for the Pan Pastels challenge of BONFIRE NIGHT and the Monthly Craft Challenge group over on Craftbubble where the challenge is BRIGHT ON DARK - wish me luck!

Happy Monday - hope it's stopped raining where you are! I'm also keeping my fingers crossed for all those affected by Hurricane Sandy who are still without power, warmth and/or shelter - I'm hoping that the storm heading in your direction and bringing with it below freezing temperatures and snow will pass you all by. GOOD LUCK. And, i fyou are having a Bonfire Night party tonight - stay SAFE too


8 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

I'm pretty well up with my card making now....but still got lots of pressies to go!

Crafty_Fairie said...

Wow super design it fits our theme perfectly.

Thanks for entering

Kerry DT Leader PanPastel UK Challenge Blog.

Brenda Brown said...

A fabulous card Kathy, as soon as I saw it on the blog roll I knew it had to be for PanPastels, it's perfect. Thanks so much for all your support and linking again this week.
hugs {brenda} xox

Debs M said...

love this, great effect on black card! x

Katina said...

Brilliant card Kathy. The Perfect Pearls look so effective against the black card.


I'm way behind with my Christmas cards and looks like I'll have to but some!!
xx

My name is Wynneth said...

Happy monday matey, sorry I'm late with my blog hopping. Love your card, those PP's look fabulous against the black and it's perfect for the fireworks theme.

Well done on getting well ahead with your christmas shopping, I'm doing better with gifts than cards, although I do still have a number of gifts to make/finish off.

Stay warm and see you tomorrow. Fingers crossed your battery issues are resolved in good time for thursday (soooo.... sad that I'm missing yet another get together, but it can't be helped.

I'm feeling a lot better now and more like my old self. Dad is doing OK too, although there's still a long way to go.
luv
wynneth
x

Katiejane said...

Currently about 5 Xmas cards and ZERO pressies!
Fabulous and very fitting card must say, I miss bonfire night -the fire/guy/baked potatoes! Still there are new traditions to get into over here.
Have a greaty day Kathy and hope you get your car back!
Katie x

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Beautiful, I love the different shapes you have used for your fireworks. Thank you for joining in with the PanPastels challenge blog
Lindsay xx