It was so lovely to wake up this morning to ......... no frost!! Well, it was RAIN actually, so not a whole lot better ........ but certainly 6°c is about 7° warmer than the past week has been!! Works for me, although waking up to the sound of those blooming birds again didn't thrill me!! Regular readers may recall we were wakened around dawn during the summer - at least dawn is later this time of year - MUCH later!!! This was about 20% of the little beggars - I SWEAR there were hundreds of the little beasts!
And then hubby unveiled his personal Santa's grotto to the World!
- 12½ cm square white, 250 gsm card and matching envelope
- 12 cm square panel of Kraft card
- 11½ cm square of black card
- 11 cm square of crunchy wax paper run through my big shot inside my Cuttlebug text embossing folder
- The Kraft card centre offcut from a Tim Holtz clock die also run through the same embossing folder
- Treasure Gold "onyxite" rubbed gently over the top of both embossed surfaces with a cosmetic sponge
- Sewing machine attaching the three layers together (that crunchy wax paper is really rather slippery! or is it just me?)
- Tim Holtz image (from the lovely Brenda Brown's recent blog candy - thanks matey) stamped on to white card using Versafine onyx black ink and then cut out
- Distress Ink Rusty Hinge and Black Soot sponged lightly over the image to soften the stark whiteness of the card
And now for this week's Friday Funny ...... this week provided (in e-mail form) by my friend, Mary and came to me entitled "SHOCKED"!!
Police in Liverpool last night announced the discovery of an arms cache of 200 semi-automatic rifles with 25,000 rounds of ammunition, 20 tons of heroin, £5 million in forged UK banknotes and 25 trafficked Ukrainian prostitutes, all in a semi-detached house behind the Public Library in Toxteth.
Local residents were stunned, and a community spokesman said:
"We're all very shocked; we never knew we had a library!!!!!."