Friday, 14 December 2012

It's nearly the weekend again!

Morning readers,

As we run up to Christmas I imagine many of you have loads of things planned this weekend, office parties, get together's with family and friends, Carol concerts etc - have fun and be safe.
And last night saw us both out for a meal at a friend's home, we had a lovely evening but oh boy, the cold weather and defrosting the car is getting tedious! It was, however, lovely to catch up with the pal, and her little dog, Robbie.

It was so lovely to wake up this morning to ......... no frost!! Well, it was RAIN actually, so not a whole lot better ........ but certainly 6°c is about 7° warmer than the past week has been!! Works for me, although waking up to the sound of those blooming birds again didn't thrill me!! Regular readers may recall we were wakened around dawn during the summer - at least dawn is later this time of year - MUCH later!!! This was about 20% of the little beggars - I SWEAR there were hundreds of the little beasts!



And then hubby unveiled his personal Santa's grotto to the World!


There's been a bit of a lack of crafting at the Purple Palace this week for reasons I can't really go in to on here but I DID make it to the table of craftiness yesterday afternoon. As I had my sewing machine out (letting down the hems on trousers - all very domestic goddess!!) I thought I might as well turn it to craft-y uses too - since that was the primary reasons for it's presence in the Purple Palace.


Materials used:
  • 12½ cm square white, 250 gsm card and matching envelope
  • 12 cm square panel of Kraft card
  • 11½ cm square of black card
  • 11 cm square of crunchy wax paper run through my big shot inside my Cuttlebug text embossing folder
  • The Kraft card centre offcut from a Tim Holtz clock die also run through the same embossing folder
  • Treasure Gold "onyxite" rubbed gently over the top of both embossed surfaces with a cosmetic sponge
  • Sewing machine attaching the three layers together (that crunchy wax paper is really rather slippery! or is it just me?)
  • Tim Holtz image (from the lovely Brenda Brown's recent blog candy - thanks matey) stamped on to white card using Versafine onyx black ink and then cut out
  • Distress Ink Rusty Hinge and Black Soot sponged lightly over the image to soften the stark whiteness of the card

And another masculine card emerged from my craft table - like a butterfly! Woo Hoo! - as I DO sometimes struggle with masculine cards - and I know I am not alone in this.

And now for this week's Friday Funny ...... this week provided (in e-mail form) by my friend, Mary and came to me entitled "SHOCKED"!!


Police in Liverpool last night announced the discovery of an arms cache of 200 semi-automatic rifles with 25,000 rounds of ammunition, 20 tons of heroin, £5 million in forged UK banknotes and 25 trafficked Ukrainian prostitutes, all in a semi-detached house behind the Public Library in Toxteth.


Local residents were stunned, and a community spokesman said:


"We're all very shocked; we never knew we had a library!!!!!."



Have a great weekend

6 comments:

Debs M said...

great card! thats the only reason I bought a sewing machine too but as it has to live in it's box it doesn't see much use! Great ff too! x

scrappyjacky said...

Love the card,Kathy....perfect for a man.
And love that 'funny' as well!!!

Lisa Lara said...

Very cool card. Love the vintage feel.

My name is Wynneth said...

Awesome card kathy, I know I have some of that crunchy wax paper..... somewhere (I really must tidy and sort my stash !). The whole thing is splendid and well done on digging your sewing machine out - careful the sewing bug is on the prowl looking for it's next victim !! LOL Wonder if you'll be bitten eh ? Great FF too, made me chuckle :OD
luv
wynneth
x

Viv said...

Fab card again Kathy and I love your Friday jokes too....ha ha had me laughing again. Great Xmas dec's and oh my how many birds!!!!! :) Viv xx

Lilian said...

Love the card Kathy.
The F Funny is great.
Hugs
lilian