Sunday, 16 December 2012

Lazy Sunday

Wotcher fellow bloggers,

Here we are at the penultimate Sunday before Christmas!! What news of the preparations? I'd like to THINK we're ready, aside from fresh fruit, veg and dairy - wonder what it is that we've forgotten!

Yesterday surrogate daughter II stopped by with a card and presents - thanks Becky, Chris, Harry and Zac - much appreciated. We shared a glass of wine or two and a chat before Zac woke up (4 months old you know) and she needed to head off in to the chilly and wet darkness.

I had planned to make a "sweet" card for the ADDICTED TO CAS challenge this week ....... but how very odd life is sometimes? Having made all of my Christmas cards for this year and I've also written and mailed them so, please answer me this ...... why can I only think about CAS Christmas cards????? I made three cards yesterday, one was for a challenge and was an anniversary card and the other two were BOTH Christmas cards!!! WEIRD huh?!

Both of my cards use techniques shamelessly lifted from others!! but both use the same distress ink - festive berries and stamps - but how differently they both turned out? Judge for yourselves .....


Materials used:
  • 300 gsm white deckle edged C6 card and matching sided envelope
  • Distress Ink, festive berries, applied DTP (direct to paper)
  • Penny Black image stamped using Versafine onyx black ink, centrally to the D.I. diamond before highlighting using Icicle stickles
  • Hero Arts sentiment stamped using Versafine onyx black ink

How I LOVE Clean And Simple designs! And now for the second card .... which I am going to enter over on the Pan Pastels blog their new challenge is: #49 - CHRISTMAS TIME. Remember, you do not need to use Pan Pastels for your project but you do get the chance to win some! What could be more Christmas-y than a poinsettia?


Materials used:
  • 300 gsm white, deckle edged C6 card and matching sized envelope
  • Oval mask (leftovers from a die cutting exercise!) taped in place with low tack tape.
  • Distress Ink, festive berries, applied with a Tim Holtz blending too and a foam pad
  • Penny Black image stamped using Brilliance Pearlescent Poppy and Thyme inks
  • Hero Arts sentiment stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Faux crystal gemstone to highlight the centre of the poinsettia flower

Hope you like them both!
 
Right then - onwards and upwards - another challenge I didn't get around to yesterday was Addicted to CAS and their one word inspiration was SWEET ...... I woke up this morning with inspiration ...so, off I went in search of my perfect image.


Materials used:
  • 250 gsm white 12½ cm square card and matching envelope
  • GO Kreate die cut oval used to cut a silver mirri card oval
  • Impression Obsession sweet image stamped using Memento tuxedo black
  • Alcohol inks used to colour image before cutting out
  • I "doused" the image in Versamark ink before triple embossing using clear embossing powder to simulate the shiny candy wrapper!
  • Hero Arts sentiment inked using Brilliance poppy on to white card and cut in to a banner end.
  • Narrow strip of white card coloured using a matching alcohol ink
And a close up of the sweetie .......


And a peek at the envelope .......



Have a fab Sunday - how's the weather with you? Is it eggnogg and hot chocolate weather?

12 comments:

Viv's Visuals said...

Gorgeously sunny day here Kathy! Not warm tho - so deffo hot choccie weather I think - which would go very nicely with that scrummy sweetie! Love it.
Great set of CAS Christmas cards - and there's bound to be someone that you've forgotten so they'll come in handy! If not, you can always save them for next year!!

clare said...

lots of fab cards kathy. looks like you will have 2013 xmas cards done by the end of Jan then. i am sitting on my crafting hands and trying not to make any more!! x

Debs M said...

wow loving those cards Kathy - especially the christmas ones x

Sue said...

Lovely CAS card, Kathy! I like your fabulously glossy sweet. Thank you for joining us at ATCAS. Sue x

My name is Wynneth said...

Fabulous Sweetie card kathy - I soooo wish I could locate my missing heat gun :o( The image is just perfick for the challenge.

Loving your two chrimbo cards too - these are two fantastic techniques with the DI's too. Know what you mean about getting stuck in the christmas 'groove' I'm not fighting it though as it's good to make an early start on the 2013 cards.
luv
wynneth
x

Kylie said...

Terrific sweet card. I love your triple embossed look for the wrapper! Thanks so much for playing along at ATCAS! xx

Lacelady said...

Lovely cards Kathy - CAS is growing on me.

Lilian said...

Love the cards Kathy. At this rate you will have enough for next year. lol.Hugs lilian

Shana Gaff said...

I love the details you have added to your sweet little candy. Looks good enough to eat! Thanks for playing at ATCAS this week!

Darnell J Knauss said...

Yummo, Kathy!! I suppose it's probably not very grown-up to lick my monitor, but how could I help myself?!

Katina said...

Great cards Kathy! The sweet one looks fab - I can almost feel the stickiness!
xx

Claire said...

Wow Kathy, you have been busy! Gorgeous cards but I do love the poinsettia card, gorgeous stamping. Thanks so much for joining our Christmas challenge at PanPastel UK
Claire xx