Is it me or wasn't there much on the telly last night? We ended up watching "Monsters vs Aliens" and then Love Actually - though, actually, we gave that up half way through!
What with that and rain pretty solidly ALL blooming day, it was definitely not the best day for our pal and neighbour to return from her Christmas vacation to a broken burglar alarm and no heating!! A couple of visits from the appropriate technicians and she's both secure and snug once more - HUZZAH. I bet she took an early night too, to beat the truly 'orrible weather as well as the jet lag! Can't wait to find out how Vietnam was though.
And, guess what? Chucking it down again today!!! What a surprise? Not only that but, once again, the wind is howling around the window frames - we've already had one casualty .... a pigeon blown in to the kitchen window. Fortunately, no lasting damage but I bet it's got one heck of a headache!
- 300 gsm deckle edged white C6 card and matching sized envelope
- 9½ x 14 cm black card panel
- 9 x 13½cm white card panel
- Scallop edged oval offcut - used as a mask and held in position using post its
- Distress Ink - seedless preserves applied to masked oval using a Tim Holtz blending tool and foam pad
- Dina Wakley image stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
- Imagine That sentiment stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
And now, inspired by Clare's on-line class (missed it? see it here) - and a wish to try something different (for me, zentangle) - another card making to journaling layout, this time in my journal and paying more attention to the theme - which I TOTALLY forgot about last but which I could just about see in my layout!!!
- Existing journal
- Alcohol markers and a steel edged ruler, to create the triangles
- Dylusions inks: London blue, lemon zest and bubblegum pink
- Faber Castell "pitt" pen (F) to draw freehand borders to triangles and to journal
- Sparkle 'n Sprinkle sentiment (when all else fails) stamped using Versafine onyx black ink - this image was a freebie and I simply couldn't resist selecting it from the numerous images in the basket ..... came with samples of glitter too!
- Kaisercraft clock border and Paper Artsy steampunk fish/balloon stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
- Kaisercraft bubblewrap image stamped using Colour Box violet and "dotted" over layout
- Hero Arts small "splat" image inked numerous times using Colour Box violet and also versamark ink with yellow pearl-ex dusted over
- Versamark pad applied DTP across the bottom space and yellow pearl-ex dusted over - to give sheen.
Can't see that sheen? Try these then!