Sunday, 30 December 2012

Lazy Sunday?

Hi there,

Is it me or wasn't there much on the telly last night? We ended up watching "Monsters vs Aliens" and then Love Actually - though, actually, we gave that up half way through!

What with that and rain pretty solidly ALL blooming day, it was definitely not the best day for our pal and neighbour to return from her Christmas vacation to a broken burglar alarm and no heating!! A couple of visits from the appropriate technicians and she's both secure and snug once more - HUZZAH. I bet she took an early night too, to beat the truly 'orrible weather as well as the jet lag! Can't wait to find out how Vietnam was though.

And, guess what? Chucking it down again today!!! What a surprise? Not only that but, once again, the wind is howling around the window frames - we've already had one casualty .... a pigeon blown in to the kitchen window. Fortunately, no lasting damage but I bet it's got one heck of a headache!

It being that time of year - I have another thank you care to share with you today


Materials used:
  • 300 gsm deckle edged white C6 card and matching sized envelope
  • 9½ x 14 cm black card panel
  • 9 x 13½cm white card panel
  • Scallop edged oval offcut - used as a mask and held in position using post its
  • Distress Ink - seedless preserves applied to masked oval using a Tim Holtz blending tool and foam pad
  • Dina Wakley image stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Imagine That sentiment stamped using Versafine onyx black ink

Unfortunately, I used Aleene's tacky glue to attach my panel to my base card and it moved as I was weighting it down - grr - didn't notice till I removed the weights and (of course) by this time it was far too late to do anything about it. I really think it's back to Scotch Quick Dry glue for me, despite the fact it's more expensive ...... it's not the first time I've fallen foul of last minute movement either - grrrrrrrrr indeed. Still it's an "anything goes" challenge over on Cute Card Thursday so I might just enter it there .... we'll see.

And now, inspired by Clare's on-line class (missed it? see it here) - and a wish to try something different (for me, zentangle) - another card making to journaling layout, this time in my journal and paying more attention to the theme - which I TOTALLY forgot about last but which I could just about see in my layout!!!


Materials used:
  • Existing journal
  • Alcohol markers and a steel edged ruler, to create the triangles
  • Dylusions inks: London blue, lemon zest and bubblegum pink
  • Faber Castell "pitt" pen (F) to draw freehand borders to triangles and to journal
  • Sparkle 'n Sprinkle sentiment (when all else fails) stamped using Versafine onyx black ink - this image was a freebie and I simply couldn't resist selecting it from the numerous images in the basket ..... came with samples of glitter too!
  • Kaisercraft clock border and Paper Artsy steampunk fish/balloon stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Kaisercraft bubblewrap image stamped using Colour Box violet and "dotted" over layout
  • Hero Arts small "splat" image inked numerous times using Colour Box violet and also versamark ink with yellow pearl-ex dusted over
  • Versamark pad applied DTP across the bottom space and yellow pearl-ex dusted over - to give sheen.

Can't see that sheen? Try these then!




Happy Sunday - hope you're not growing webbed feet like I am!

9 comments:

Lilian said...

Great thank you card Kathy. Well done on the page from Clares lesson. I might just have to have a go. BTW I have webed feet as webb was my maiden name lol
Hugs
lilian

clare said...

ooh kathy, love the vibrant pages and well done on zentangle. x

scrappyjacky said...

Love those vibrant colours.
A lazy day here....just me at home....so am trying to catch up with my Christmas Journal.

Debs M said...

lovely thamk you card and that journal page is fabby!! Love the colours and the stamps and the when all else fails sentiment is great x

Darnell J Knauss said...

Sorry to hear it is bucketing down again, Kathy. After awhile, even though it's an excuse to craft, it gets depressing day-after-day. I hope you'll have a let-up soon.

Your thank you card is perfectly fine, not as askew as you probably think. We've all had that happen though, grrrr!

Good for you to venture out and try a new crafting technique! (And brilliantly done!) I'm too afraid to try my hand at Zentangle. I used to love doing that in my notebook during class 40-50 years ago, so I know if I start, I'll go down the rabbit hole and never come out. I'm sort of a monoproject kind of simple-minded girl, unfortunately!!

All best wishes for a happy and healthy new year and better weather!! Darnell

Lauren Hatwell said...

Very nice Thank You card Kathy and I love your second go at Clare's challenge. The colours are great.

Lx

Lauren Hatwell said...

Forgot to say I love the clocks too. FAB!!!

My name is Wynneth said...

Glug...glug....glug..... need snorkels and flippers here too - just how much water can there be up there eh? I'm extremely bored with getting up each morning to the sound of rain lashing down and wind howling past the windows - humph :o(

'Anyroadup' as often said in The Midlands, smashing TY card and I'm loving your journaling pages - Clare's tutorial is great isn't it. I made a start on a page myself, but the PM's bled dreadfully on the card I used, so am going back to the Rymans smooth.

I'm loving the zentangle and your colours really pop. Might try the Dylusions rather than PMs in my next attempt (hopefully tomorrow).

Let's hope your pal/neighbour has beaten the horrid JL and is feeling better by now.
luv
wynneth
x

Brenda Brown said...

Great card Kathy and a super journalling piece, love the pearly gold effect.
Yep another miserable day here too. Lets hope it's better tomorrow.
Wishing you and your family a very happy new year and everything you would wish for yourselves.
hugs {brenda} xox