- 12½ cm square white, 250 gsm card and matching envelope
- 12cm square of purple card (who'd have thought I would choose purple!?!??!)
- 11½ cm square of white card.
- Fancy square die cut keeping both positive and negative (actually it was the same one I used on yesterdays card - cheat!)
- Distress Inks in Festive Berries and Dusty Concorde, blended through the "mask" outline and then "smooshed" separately on to a craft sheet, spritzed and then "flicked" across the card
- Liquid gold leaf "flicked" similarly (not sure I like the way I ended up with a "ring" round the gold leaf - anyone else ever tried this?)
- Inkadinkado dot flourish stamped using Versafine onyx black with the die cut in place to protect the distressed panel
- Die cut removed and then Paper Artsy image stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
Monday, 3 December 2012
Monday - how is it for you?
Hope you've all had a good weekend and that your Monday didn't dawn too cold for you - only 22 days to Christmas - how are those Christmas cards and presents coming along? Another three weeks and it will almost be too late!
I've no plans for the day though I do have some more cards to post today and some to hand deliver!
Last night I spent a few minutes trying to organise a couple of meals out with friends and family for the Christmas period. I spoke to my brother and then went off to book our first choice of venue, only to discover we'd left it too late and they were fully booked!! Still, our second choice was able to accommodate us, I've also booked a lunch with my pals from school (yes, I really HAVE known them THAT long!) and a curry with a friend who will be away over some of the Christmas period.
I even managed a little crafting ..... I was very taken with a technique in the latest issue of Craft Stamper and made a card yesterday but felt I needed to try again using something different. Well, what you see below is the something different (yesterdays was a Christmas card!) though it still uses distress inks rather than stains - must get more stains and see if it works even better. My thanks to Emilie Chamel for her article, see what you think readers ........
I like this better than yesterday's but still feel it to be a work in progress - I need to work on my gold leafing technique (perhaps drawing the splats may eliminate the red "ring") and perhaps a more silhouette image would work better - any thoughts, readers?
Have a splendid week