Saturday, 1 December 2012

Saturday and it's a cool start to winter/December!

Morning all,

Oh My!! What a frosty start to the morning! Looked like we'd had SNOW overnight but it was just a thick frost. Sun's out but it's only 2°c here so it might take a while to thaw.

Definitely a morning to stay in and craft and I've started already! Saturday's have, historically, been challenge days and I'm off and running today with two new monthly challenges, a late entry for one weekly challenge and a couple of others too - including a new one to me.

CASology's current challenge expires tomorrow and is "TIME" and this is the card I have to share with you this morning. Having left it a bit late and it has the shortest time left I thought it was the one I should start with!


Materials used:
  • 12½cm square white, 300 gsm, scallop edged card and matching envelope (the size, not the scallops!!)
  • 12 cm square panel of purple card
  • 11½cm square of white card (Ryman's)
  • Paper Artsy image stamped using Memento grape jelly ink
  • Paper Artsy sentiment stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
Hope you like it, and here are some of the challenges I have yet to construct a card for ......

Simply Less Is More has a new challenge today and it's "RED AND GREEN"
Craft Mad and Loving It has a new challenge for the month of December and it's "WATER, ICE or STEAM"
Cute Card Thursday has a challenge ongoing till next Wednesday and it's "SNOWFLAKES"
Auntys forum has a new challenge for December which is: "TO MAKE A CHRISTMAS CARD WITH A BAUBLE OR SNOWFLAKE ON IT"
Addicted to CAS has a challenge open for two weeks which is the one word inspiration: "BAUBLE"
52 card throwdown has a sketch challenge Christmas card (this is the one that's new to me)



I guess that will be keeping me busy for the day, just as well as I've been amidst a crafting drought of late and this SHOULD get me back in to the swing ...... with a BANG!!!

Do check back tomorrow and see how many (if any) more I've caught up with! Of course, by then, there'll be a new Pan Pastels challenge too! Oops, I really should have been busier this week but life got in the way - after all, yesterday we were out to a lovely leisurely (for leisurely read LONG!) lunch with friends and then it was back to ours for more chat and coffee and then, last night, we could wait no longer and viewed "Despicable me" on Blu Ray - and enjoyed it hugely.

Have a great weekend and, if you are heading out anywhere, be careful and be safe.


11 comments:

Cheryl said...

oh hunny this is brilliant love that stamp you have used,and its super too see your work again,love hugs Cherylx

Viv's Visuals said...

Fab card Kathy!

Ardyth said...

Love this - it could be for so many occasions, even sympathy (which, unfortunately, is on my mind today as I need a sympathy card). That is a lovely sentiment. Thanks so much for finding TIME to play along with us at CASology this week!

Debs M said...

what a great stamp, fab card! x

Brenda Brown said...

Lovely card.. Have to say its coolish here but still up to 20 degrees at lunchtime but had to dodge the showers for a few days.
Enjoy your weekend.
Hugs Brenda xxx

Katiejane said...

Despicable me rocks! Great card Kathy, boy that's a list of challenges. Sure to keep you busy of the weekend :)
Katie x

Rosemary said...

perfect card for the challenge, kathy... great CAS design! so glad to have you playing along with CASology this week!

Loli said...

Hola Kathy, thank you for your comment, you´re very busyy:D.
Fantastic design Kathy, the sentiment with the stamp match perfectly, i like the concept, good job!
A warm hug from Palma

Jen W. said...

Perfect stamps for the challenge! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

Deborah Frings said...

Lovely sentiment and super images to go with it - great card!

My name is Wynneth said...

Loving your 'time' card kathy and so pleased your crafting drought has ended !

luv
wynneth
x