Saturday, 22 December 2012

Saturday - challenge day and only three more sleeps!

Morning,

I can almost hear sleigh bells - Christmas is getting so close! Mind you, what a wet and wild start to the Christmas holiday we're having?! It's been chucking it down for hours and many places are subject to amber alert flood warnings. If you are travelling for the holidays then please take care and be safe.

Me? I'm staying put and crafting my little (size four) socks off!! Here's the first item -

Over on the Simply Less Is More blog their new challenge was launched this morning and it is ...... DRINKS!!!


Materials used:
  • 300 gsm 14½cm square white, scallop edged card and a matching sized envelope
  • Go Kreate scalloped square dies (8½ and 6½ cm square) used on hand made glitter paper in two shades of purple (a prize from a fellow crafter - thanks Jackolean)
  • American Art Stamp image (EM7119F) inked using (watch out, here comes another drink related connection) Memento rich COCOA!
  • And another ..... ALCOHOL markers used to colour!
  • I highlighted with frosted lace stickles and glossy accents
Hope you like it - I have, however, fooled one fellow crafter as she thought she knew EXACTLY which image I might use for this challenge!! I must confess that I DID think of that one first, Debs! - but I like to keep y'all guessing and I PLAINLY have too many drink related images!!! Hmmmmm - maybe a New Years Resolution ....... for the glitter aficionado's here's a bit of a close up of that spectacular twinkle!


I was a bad blog visitor to the LIM entries last week, for which I apologise and will try to do a little better this week but it IS Christmas (so I hear) - if I don't visit your blog then it means I'm too busy and NOT that I don't like your card. Merry Christmas LIM-ettes!


The Addicted to CAS challenge is fortnightly and the ongoing theme is SWEET ..... I've had one go but you never know, I might manage another! And the monthly challenge over at 52 (Christmas) Card Throwdown is a rather super sketch - if you fancy having a go there - still time! Still time for those last minute Christmas cards or to give you a head start on them for 2013 - whichever suits your needs!

Have a great Saturday



13 comments:

Debs M said...

love it Kathy x

Chrissie said...

Wonderful stamp, great card and I love all the drinks connections!
Thanks so much and Happy Christmas Kathy!
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Lilian said...

Love the card kathy. Its really pretty.
Hugs
lilian

Gibmiss said...

Hi Kathy
Fabulous card ....
Merry christmas to you ....
Hugs Sylvie xxxx

Mandi said...

Hi kathy
Just popped over to say have a wonderful Christmas

Super card

Thank you for your wishes
X

My name is Wynneth said...

What a splendid CAS card kathy, that's a fabulous image and I love all the purple twinkle. Must try and get an entry done for the LIM challenge this week, I've missed a few of them lately :o(

Stay safe and dry yourself too.
luv
wynneth
x

Loli said...

Hola Kathy, very funny card and purple of course!jajaja.
Happy christmas from Palma and blessings for you and your family.

scrappyjacky said...

What a great image....love it.

clare said...

Great image and sentiment kathy. X

Brenda Brown said...

A fabulous card and a totally apt stamp lol.
Have a wonderful Christmas and a blessed new year.
Hugs Brenda xox

Chris said...

Great card, Kathy! Love the image!
Brilliant!
Chris
x

GinaA said...

Great card, love the image and the sentiment. tremendous bling.

Jen said...

fab card kathy

Thanks for joining us
Sorry for the late visit...
Jen xx
"Less Is More"