Saturday, 8 December 2012

Saturday - chilly challenge day!

Hi there,

Morning has dawned bright, sunny, mild and not at all Christmas-y! Grrr, no wonder I don't feel like making a Christmas card. Of course, there IS another reason for that ...... I must be nearly half way through my 2013 Christmas cards at the rate I've been making them! Memo to self: pace yourself in 2013!!!

Anyway, Saturday's have been challenge day for over four years now! And I've taken to completing a Clean And Simple challenge card every Saturday. I used to do this in conjunction with the regular Saturday challenge over on Craftbubble but those have gone monthly, so it's just this one ..... over on the Simply Less Is More blog the new challenge is ...... a One Layer Card with the CAS brief and theme "IN A ROW". When this blog started up and the first challenge each month was a One Layer Card it USED to throw us all in to a panic and now ..... most of us seem to relish the challenge, I even find myself making OLC's when they're not specified - BINGO!


Materials used:
  • 300 gsm C6 deckle edged white card and matching C6 envelope
  • Mostly Animals (Acro pigs) image and Imagine That sentiment stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink
  • Distress Ink - worn lipstick brushed around the edges using an Inkylicious ink duster. I brushed a broader border across the bottom so the pigs were coloured pink!!

And that's my "In a row" One Layer Card - hope you like it - it certainly made me smile to make it this morning!

And a close up to show the pinkness of the piggies!!

Have a fab weekend everyone

21 comments:

Bea said...

Hi Kathy - you are right it is a fun image and given we can all be a bit greedy at Christmas perhaps a bit apt too Lol!

Debs M said...

great card, love those pigs x

Lilian said...

Love the pigs Kathy. Might have a go at this.
Hugs lilian

Loli said...

Hola Kathy, really funny card, i like your happies piggies, beautiful card.
Hugs from Palma.

Monica said...

Such cute teddies and perfect sentiment.

Fiona said...

What a great stamp Kathy, can't believe you are on 2013 xmas cards!

clare said...

Such a cute row of pigs! Great card. Hope you have survived the chores and are now chilling out!

tiya-b.com said...

Kathy, thanks so much for the nice comment.. love your card nothing like exercising pigs to brighten ones day!

Chrissie said...

What a fun image Kathy! This really made me smile... a convert to the OLC too... whatever next?
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Vicky Hayes said...

I had a little chuckle at your fab pigs too Kathy! Vicky x

Jan Ltc said...

Great image & card xx Jan

Skye said...

A fun card. Love the jolly little pigs.

Jen said...

fab little pigs

Thanks for joining us

Jen xx
"Less Is More"

Chris said...

It made me smile too, Kathy! Those pigs are super!
Chris
x

Sue said...

A cute fun card, Kathy. Like it! Sue x

Daen'Ys said...

Oh how nice these funny piggy!

Rosi x

Bonnie said...

This makes me smile too, Kathy! What fun!

Anne said...

Oh what a cute stamp and card!

Linda said...

Fab card Kathy. Love the little pigs - sooo cute! xx

GinaA said...

That stamp is glorious and I really like the pink edging, a super fun card.

My name is Wynneth said...

This is a fabulously fun card kathy, thought I'd commented on it already, but seems I didn't ! Maybe I saw it on CB and commented there. It's just great.
luv
wynneth
x