Sunday, 23 December 2012

Sunday? More like GRAYday!

Afternoon all,

Only two more sleeps till "C" Day - you ready for it yet? Got the presents bought/wrapped/given out? Got the turkey? If it's frozen ...... is it thawing? Got the sprouts? Hubby did our shopping whilst I was at the hairdressers on Friday - how LUCKY am I to have gotten out of that awful chore?

I'm a bit later posting today but that's because I've been bumming around in my PJ's all morning and trying to finish the Christmas-y book that I'm reading on my kindle - made it!, enjoyed it and now ready to move on to the next Christmas-y book - heavens, how I LOVE my kindle!

Only just got round to crafting and have made one card which I hope will fit two challenges. The two challenges are:

  1. Cute Card Thursday - eat, drink and be merry

Anyway, I hope the folks over at CCT will be happy to accept a rather CAS entry but the image is so darned cute I hope I'll get away with it!!! See what you think, peeps



Materials used:
  • 14½ cm square, white, 300 gsm, scallop edged card and matching sized envelope
  • Red card panel
  • Cats Pyjamas "cool dog" stamped on to white card using Versafine black onyx ink
  • Penny Black sentiment stamped using Versafine black onyx ink
  • Alcohol ink used to lightly colour image
  • Glossy Accents to simulate the glass

For the eagle eyed amongst you, you will note that the image panel isn't entirely squarely set on the red matting layer ..... IT WILL BE!! I usually wait for glossy accents to dry BEFORE finally gluing down so my image panel isn't actually placed yet but I couldn't wait to finish the card before posting on my bloggy.




Happy Sunday

12 comments:

Shary said...

It's a great CAS card Kathy, thanks for joining in with us at CCT. Very windy here today and raining but no floods.
Have a lovely Christmas xx

Vicki Dutcher said...

Love the image! How fun~ Merry Christmas

Katiejane said...

Crafting right up until the bubbly pops, that's my Kathyk :)
We are pretty much set although all the family are sick -grrrr!
Have an awesome Xmas Kathy and all the best to you and Steve for 2013.
Very Best Wishes,
Katie x
p.s Books were for Ben!

Darnell J Knauss said...

I've had fun looking over the last few posts to catch up, Kathy, and now I have a really nice buzz going from all the drinkie-poo postings, and I have gloss on my nose, and glitter on my toes! What more could anyone ask for this Christmas??!!

Now I'm just going to sit here for a while giggling at your goofy moose with flashing lights in his antlers! Thanks for the treat! Treatz! Treats. There, sshbetter!

Happy Christmas!
Darnell

My name is Wynneth said...

Fantastic CAS card kathy, that is one very cute image ! I love it. Some days just need to be PJ days :OD

Lucky you having mr k to do your food shopping, I've been out twice and STILL forgot the streaky bacon to put on the turkey :o) hmph... At least it's thawed out ready to cook tomorrow evening.

Thanks for joining us for this week's challenge on CCT (it's cute enough for me !)

luv
wynneth
x

SallyB said...

Lovely card...You really are the Queen of the CAS...
I have been very naughty and forgotten to send you a card!!! Oh No...do you forgive me..please say Yes or Santa wont visit me!
My crafting has been very slow this year, mostly because of work, but also because of the recession I guess. People just aren't buying handmade cards.
Hope you have a lovely Christmas and New Year...love from all of us.xxx

Lilian said...

great card Kathy and as you say so darn cute, Hugs
lilian

Debs M said...

love that image x

mypapercraftworld said...

Cute and sophisticated at the same time ... just so 007 (at least in Pierce Brosnan attire!) Happy New Year! Anita in France :)

Daen'Ys said...

How cute it is! I love the CAS style ...

Rosi x

Chrissie said...

Cute card Kathy and a great flashy moose!
Thanks again
Happy New Year!
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Jen said...

i really love the image too Kathy!!

Thanks for joining us
Sorry for the late visit...
Jen xx
"Less Is More"