Sunday, 2 December 2012

SUNday - yes, the sun IS shining!!

Morning peeps,

Slow start for me this morning, late night and a smidge too much wine last night! Ooopsie.

And how did this happen? I hear you cry! Well, thanks for asking, we were out with friends at a restaurant in Thatcham. There were six of us and we (somewhat foolishly in retrospect) ordered their special meal for six of us - little did we know we could probably have fed half of Thatcham!! Still, we did our best and struggled manfully (and womanfully) on till there wasn't a lot left. Megan DID take home a rather large doggy bag! Victoria and Matthew decided to walk back to their place - the rest of us chickened out and piled back in to the car (bwoc bwoc chicken noises!). As you can see, we sure seem to have enjoyed it - even the squid!








This photo provided by Megan - thanks Megan! AND it was JUST the starter!!!
 Anyhoo, on to the crafting project undertaken this morning - perhaps I shouldn't have but there it is .... couldn't wait to get cracking on a project spotted in the current issue of craft stamper. I had to change a few elements to make it fit the challenges but I THINK you will see where I was coming from ..... this is for the RED AND GREEN challenge on Simply Less Is More and also the BAUBLE challenge over on Addicted to CAS as well as the MAKE A CARD WITH A SNOWFLAKE OR A BAUBLE over on the Auntys forum .....



Materials used:
  • 12½ cm square white, 250 gsm card blank and matching envelope
  • Fancy square die and die cutter - keeping both the positive and the negative
  • Using the outer "offcut" as a frame I sponged distress inks in Festive Berries and Pine Needles in (to satisfy the red and green element!).
  • Keeping the frame in place I used a Faber Castell pitt pen (S) to draw round the frame which I then moved slightly and repeated the pitt pen drawing - two more times
  • Removing the frame I then covered my inked panel with the die cut shape and smooshed (technical term!) the distress inks (keeping the colours separate) on to a craft mat and spritzed with water before using a fan ended brush to pick up colour and "splat"  (look at me getting all technical again!) on to the card before blotting with kitchen roll
  • Inkadinkado flourish stamped using Brilliance pearlescent thyme ink
  • Having removed the frame I then stamped the Inkadinkado bauble in the centre of the panel using Versafine onyx black ink
And there you have it - I hope the LIM purists will feel there is still enough "white space" for it to be a CAS card.

In case you are curious, here's the article in Craft Stamper and I'm sure you will see why I had to change a few elements to make my CAS card - oh, and I used distress inks because I didn't have distress stains in the right colours!!!


Craft Stamper - January issue! Article by Emilie Chamel

Have a great Sunday

14 comments:

Debs M said...

This is lovely Kathy and that meal looks fabulous! x

clare said...

yummy looking meal, hope your head has cleared a bit!! great card too, i am going to have a go at that techique i think! x

froebelsternchen Susi said...

oh ..good that i have finished my Waldviertler Karpfen meal just now
( it´s a fish from here in my Quater)
baked and with potatoe salad yammi...
otherwise I would have to come online to this fabulous table you show us here!!!

that bauble card ist perfekt too!

xxx from Austria
Susi

Loli said...

Hola Kathy funny meal!!!!
Fantastic bubble Kathy, i love this stamp, gorgeous!!!
Hugs from Palma

Linby said...

The meal looks fab.
This is such an effective card really caught my eye.
Linbyx

Loll Thompson said...

Love the watercolor background for that gorgeous "bauble". Thanks for joining us at ATCAS!

Chrissie said...

Looks like you had a load of fun doing this one Kathy. I fancy a bit of smooshing and splatting myself!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Kylie said...

I really love your colours! That baubke is amazing! Thanks so much for playing along at ATCAS! xx

baileyrosy.com said...

Hi Kathy, lovely to see you joining us at Addicted to CAS with your beautiful card. Love the background and the bauble is terrific. Thank you so much for playing along with us. On another note OMG !!!!!! all that food looks amazing and cant believe that was only the starter !!!!!

Take care

Marie

Karen Bourke said...

Hi Kathy - firstly I'm surprised you can still move.......what a feast! Beautiful card, love the techniques you've used and that you changed it up to fit the challenges. Many thanks for joining us at A2CAS.

Karen x

My name is Wynneth said...

WOW !!! what a feast ! looks like it was totally yummy - slurp ;O)

Fabulous Red and Green card, I spotted that technique in CS too and want to give it a go myself. Well done on beating me to it !

luv
wynneth
x

Jen said...

fab inking kathy...

Thanks for joining us this week

Jen xx
"Less Is More"

Sue said...

Lovely inking and stamping, Kathy. Sue x

GinaA said...

A super splattered background , love your technical terms.