Thursday, 20 December 2012

Thursday - not many sleeps left now ..... or are there?

Morning all,

Marsha sent me a funny this morning and I wanted to share it with you all right away ..... for those of you who've been living in a cave lately ..... the World is going to end tomorrow - according to the Mayan calendar but - help is at hand!!

 

Over on the Cute Card Thursday blog a new challenge, launched today, features the phrase "Eat, Drink and be Merry"

Of course I STILL have an ATC to make so I can send duplicate materials to my Isle of Skye trading card buddy when I return the ATC featured on my blog yesterday ...... still thinking!

However, I DID get round to my star card for the CASology challenge - yep, ANOTHER Christmas card but hey ....... less to make for 2013 (or will it be 2014). Was reading a back issue of Craft Stamper in bed last night and thought - (LIGHTBULB!) "why not?", so here it is.



Materials used:
  • 300 gsm, deckle edged white card and matching sized envelope
  • 6 x 6½ cm silver mirri card panel
  • 5½ x 6 xm black card panel
  • 5 x 5½ cm 300 gsm white card panel
  • Hero Arts sentiment stamped directly on to the card card using Memento Paris dusk ink
For the image panel
  1. Distress Ink, faded jeans smooshed on to a craft sheet and spritzed with water
  2. White card panel smooshed on to the inked section of craft sheet and then dried. Repeated till I liked the depth of colour and variations
  3. Craft Stamper free stamp inked using Versafine black onyx
  4. A small amount of silver acrylic paint dropped on to a CD and then an old credit card run through it to create the lines and a small lid (off my mini mister as it happens) dabbed in to the paint - to create the circles
  5. Goosebumpz shimmer sprayed over the panel to both seal and give a lovely sheen
Hope you like it.


Have a fab Thursday - see you after the end of the World then!

6 comments:

clare said...

oh like the look of the goosebumps shimmer spray. i might have to get some of that too!! x

Ardyth said...

Love the richness and depth of the colour on your image panel! I'm definitely trying that technique! Thanks so much for playing along with CASology this week - you're a star! (and now I'm off to get some Oreos - may as well eat whatever I want today, right? If I'm here tomorrow, I can start dieting again! lol!)

Rosemary said...

beautifully done, kathy!! fab take on the cue word!! thanks so much for playing along with CASology each week!! (and the funny your friend sent along is hilarious!! i'm going with the oreo cookie!!)

Melissa said...

B-eautiful!! Love the rich color on this and the addition of the shimmer spray is fantastic! Thanks so much for joining us at CASology this week! :)

Catherine's Sewing Corner said...

This looks great Kathy and lovely the way the image sits on the card. Hope your ready for the big day and not too busy!!. Great fun with the start of the post
x catherine

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

I prefer the Oreo cookie take on life personally!

Love your star project xxx