Tuesday, 4 December 2012

Tuesday again - how quickly they come round?

Hi there,

Short post from me today - not entirely sure why but .... life's just like that some times, isn't it?

This morning has dawned dull and grey (AGAIN!) and just 5°c here, which is just 41°f - another chilly old day which is probably best spent listening to Christmas music or watching Christmas movies and .... crafting!

Been working on some of my challenges and only managed to come up with one card so far ... for the Craft Mad and Loving It challenge of "WATER, ICE, STEAM". I CERTAINLY don't need any more Christmas cards as I think I'm well on my way to my quota for 2013 too so, - I'm afraid the lateral thinker in me came up with STEAMpunk!



Materials used:
  • 300 gsm deckle edged white card and matching sized envelope
  • Panel of reddish brown card (who knows where I got it from? I sure don't!) edged with an EK Success binder punch
  • Inkadinkado steampunk balloon stamped using Versafine onyx black ink on to white card and trimmed fairly close
  • Distress inks in rusty hinge and tea dye applied using a Tim Holtz blending tool and a foam pad.
  • Water flicked on to my D.I. panel, left for a few seconds and then blotted
  • Black card panel cut slightly larger than my image panel and then covered with metal tape and run through an industrial effect embossing folder
  • Embossed panel then coloured using alcohol inks in reds and browns applied with a Tim Holtz blending tool and a felt pad

Hope you like it and think it still fits in with the slightly offbeat take on STEAM!

Happy Tuesday folks

4 comments:

Zippy said...

Fab card and love the image! Gorgeous colours too xxx

scrappyjacky said...

Great bit of lateral thinking,Kathy!!
Chester is fine now....stupid dog!!

Debs M said...

great twist Kathy, love it x

My name is Wynneth said...

I love this fabulous Steampunk card kathy. That image is great and the metallic layer is just perfect.
luv
wynneth
x