Tuesday, 11 December 2012

Tuesday and only 14 more sleeps!!!!

Morning,

How's your day starting off?


I was home alone last evening (as were quite a number of my crafting buddy's it would seem!) as hubby was at a meeting (he came home cursing btw but more on that in a mo ........) so I took the opportunity to pour myself a glass of chilled white (surrogate daughter II and I took the top off that bottle on Saturday and we don't like to leave them to turn to vinegar - well that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!!!) and craft my little socks off!

I REALLY liked the way my Sunday tag turned out with the radiating modelling paste and the semicircle of bright gold and decided to have another go but for a more masculine look - this time I chose to use an embossing folder (quicker for one thing). Check it out and see if you think it works as a masculine card too ......


Materials used:
  • 300 gsm white, deckle edged C6 card and matching envelope
  • 14 x 10 cm black card panel
  • 13½ x 9½ cm crunchy wax paper run through a Tim Holtz embossing folder and then onyxite Treasure Gold rubbed over the raised part
  • Off cut from a Tim Holtz die cut clock face run through a Sizzix text embossing folder before colouring with gold Liquid Leaf
  • Tim Holtz image stamped using Versafine onyx black ink on to white card, cut out and then the harsh white edges blended using Distress Ink in rusty hinge
  • My Minds Eye sentiment stamped on to white card using Versafine onyx black ink and then edged with black ink and the stark whiteness of the card softened using the rusty hinge distress ink blending tool (without re-inking)
Hope you like it - I always struggle with masculine cards.

Now, why exactly was the husband cursing when he came home? I hear you ask. He just pulled in to the parking lot of the meeting and one of the other attendees told him he had a headlamp bulb gone! It had been fine as he drove down the country lanes to get there!!! Guess that will be a little job for today then! Grrrr. Fortunately, it doesn't seem that they are overly expensive for the make and model of car (about £2/$3) so I suspect he will buy two - in case the other goes soon too!!!

Anyway, that's pretty much all from me but ....... for the scrap bookers amongst you - how's about this layout for some of your Christmas snaps? I'll be posting this over on the Craftbubble group SCRAP ADDICTS too - no prizes, just for fun!


Have a great Tuesday

6 comments:

Beckit said...

That makes a fantastic masculine card Kathy! Your scrapbook sketch is fab too!

scrappyjacky said...

Great for a masculine card,Kathy....and I hope to have a go at the sketch.

Debs M said...

great masculine card Kathy x

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

Hi Kathy

WOW - I really love this make - definitely masculine and fabulous.

Sorry to hear about the bulb incident. Hope it's all fixed up and good to go now!

Hugs
Sarn xxx

Darnell J Knauss said...

Wow, Kathy, I came by to see if you posted on WOYWW, even tho I've no time to play this week, and then I spied this STAH-UNNING card. Oh my garters, what a beautiful backdrop. It's a wonderful masculine feel with that die. But, really, that background could stand up all by itself (IMHO) or with any number of sentiments and dies. Well done!!

My name is Wynneth said...

Love your masculine card kathy, what a great effect you are achieving with the modelling paste - I really must give it another try as it looks fabulous. I must get around to doing a bit more scrapbooking, haven't done any in a long time and have some pix I want use. Shame about the headlamp bulb - I'm sure mr k got it sorted though.
luv
wynneth
x