Tuesday, 18 December 2012

Tuesday and only SEVEN more sleeps!

Hi there,

Another beautiful sunny day dawned here at the Purple Palace and now (after lunch) it's STILL sunny - what's that all about just a week before Christmas?

Anyway, despite the almost spring feel I wanted to make a Christmas card - I KNOW - don't remind me, I've finished all my 2012 Christmas cards and appear to be well on the way with 2013. It's NOT like I NEEDED to make yet more Christmas cards but there you are, when the creative bug hits - who am I to argue?

 


Materials used:
  • 300 gsm white C5 card and matching envelope
  • Inkadinkado snowflake image stamped using Colour box violet pigment ink and clear embossing powder
  • Liquitex iridescent medium and Glamour Dust painted to highlight and add loadsa sparkle
  • Hero Arts sentiment stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Lines embossed horizontally using and embossing tool and the channel from my paper trimmer
  • Matted on to co-ordinating lilac card

Here's a close up to (hopefully) better show the super twinkle!



And regular readers will know about my materials swap with a trading card buddy on the Isle of Skye, well, her latest batch of materials arrived this morning (just in time for Christmas) - want to see what they are?



Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm - any ideas?

Enough of that - off to Costco in a mo to see what pre Christmas bargains there are to be had - remind me that I DON'T need more wrapping paper either!


Happy Tuesday


7 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

I can't believe there's only a week to go!!!!!!

Cheryl said...

oh wow hun amazing see your touch is still first class hun,brilliant just wanted to pop over to say bless your heart for all your comments and support,and messages and to wish you the best ever Christmas and brilliant new year,massive hugs Cherylx

Viv's Visuals said...

Gorgeous card Kathy.. hope you nabbed a lot of 'definitely needed' bargains!

Debs M said...

LOVE that snowflake stamp and it looks great all violet and sparkly x

Lilian said...

Great card Kathy. Love the colours. The close up of the snowflake really shows how lovely it is. Hugs
lilian

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

Absolutely beautiful snowflake card. Love it.

Season's Greetings to you Kathy xxx

My name is Wynneth said...

I love your snowflake card kathy, so elegant. At this rate you'll be starting on your 2014 christmas cards before the end of february !!! LOL

As I've been MIA for a couple of days, I'm catching up on here in reverse order so I've seen the fabulous creation using these swapsie materials - well done you !

Hope you found bargains at Costco - we really must pay another visit there in the new year (and swing by the Purple Palace for a cuppa and a catch up at the same time !!!)
luv
wynneth
x