Wednesday, 19 December 2012

Wednesday and only six more sleeps!!!


Hi there,


Yesterdays challenge launched over on the CASology blog uses the one word inspiration and it's STAR - watch this space!

As my regular readers will know I swap materials with a lady on the Isle of Skye and my latest challenge materials arrived yesterday. Pam does like to challenge me and she sent me a row of houses stamped on to white card (but not ATC sized) and a patterned die cut (or punched) border. Hmmmmm - what to make.


Materials used in addition to those supplied:
  • ATC blank
  • Distress Inks: tumbled glass, weathered wood, chipped sapphire
  • Alcohol inks to colour images
  • Quickie glue pen and foil
  • Goosebumps shimmer texture spray - to seal, add texture and shimmer
I had a disaster which was hard to recover from in that I ran the border through my Xyron sticker maker with the intention of gilding my border. HOWEVER, when I burnished the excess off I found the whole gilding flake surface peeled off too. By this time it was adhered to the ATC and looked like a sticky mess! HMMMM, how to recover from this one!? I whipped out my quickie glue pen and drew over the border before applying foil. Sadly, this didn't work overly well and I had a second go at this too ...... better but far from a perfect look, however, I quite liked the effect as it looked more "weathered" to me so I went with it. To sort out any residual stickiness I sprayed the goosebumpz which had the added bonus of sealing, adding texture AND gave it a shimmer .... here's a close up of the shimmer - hope you can see it!



And here's how my work desk looks today - messy, messy, MESSY!! I keep promising myself that I will have a tidy up but ...... where am I going to put it all!?!?!?!?!


Happy Wednesday



3 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

And it turned out most effectively....there's no such thing as a mistake in crafting!!!!!

Lilian said...

Kathy. I like this it is striking. Love the shimmer.
hugs lilian

My name is Wynneth said...

What a splendid project you made with your swapsie materials. I love that cute row of houses, do you know who the stamp is by ? I think you did a great job of rescuing the border from potential disaster and it looks great. I'd almost forgotten I had the Goosebumps, must dig it out of my bag of 'Stuff' which (I'm ashamed to say) still contains the majority of the stash I acquired in Florida ! Just never managed to find the time to get it organised as I hit the chrimbo card making frenzy more or less as soon as I was back and well/back from nursing duties ! That's a job on my To Do List for the period between christmas and new year - tidy up my stash LOL
luv
wynneth
x