Tuesday, 15 January 2013

Brrrr - Tuesday and it's COLD out there!

Hi there,

Chilly but sunny start to today for us - it's just on 0°c/32°f this morning - I'm hoping it will warm up soon now the sun's out - be rather slippery underfoot (in the shade) otherwise, which will confine me to barracks! Boo

I try not to watch daytime television but I was taken with the idea of Mark Williams playing Father Brown (such a change from Arthur Weasley - nice to see him keeping busy as he's also appearing as the butler in Blandings at the moment too!) so recorded it for later viewing - hubby and I enjoyed it. Written by G. K. Chesterton between 1911 and 1936 there appear to be just over 50 stories of Father Brown's meddling interference (sorry, helping the Police) - think Agatha Christie's male version of Jane Marple rather than Hercule Poirot. I'm eagerly awaiting episode number two.

A quick and simple card, made as a calling card for when I'm out and about (which is quite a lot when weather permits) - if I find someone not at home, just to let them know I've been! This took just a minute or two for the basic card but I also made a matching insert and stamped a co-ordinating envelope. I bought this stamp from That's Crafty on-line recently and have been busting a gut to get it inky .... I also bought the larger panel of bubbles - which I used on my sail boat card that I posted yesterday, used with pan pastels. Who knows? Tomorrow I might just emboss it and use it as a resist with D.I.'s - mmmmm or (maybe) later today!

Materials used:
  • White 300 gsm, deckle edged C6 card and matching sized envelope
  • Lost Coast bubble border stamped directly on to base card using Brilliance Pearlescent Orchid ink
  • Hero Arts sentiment stamped directly on to base card using Versafine onyx black ink
Isn't it perfect for a batch card too?


Happy Tuesday - stay warm, if I'm not much mistaken, today is another one of those days to stay in and craft but, if you do have to go out then do be careful

4 comments:

Lacelady said...

I LOVE this design! Where can I get the stamp?

scrappyjacky said...

Chilly,but sunny,here as well.
Love the simplicity of the card.

Brenda Brown said...

Pretty.
hugs {brenda} x0x

Debs M said...

great card x