Thursday, 24 January 2013

Happy Thursday - there's a thaw on the way

Morning all,

BIG thaw in progress today and I'm soooo not sorry. I've been stuck indoors since last Thursday and going stir crazy. At this rate I should be free to roam again from this afternoon - I may have to be quick though as the forecast is for HEAVY (like amber warning heavy) rain over the next few days! GR8!

Over on the CAS Colours and Sketches challenge blog sketch 9 has been unveiled, and here it is:-

It's a cards only challenge and must contain stamping

And, here's my take on the sketch - hope you like it:


Materials used
  • 300 gsm white, deckle edged C6 card and matching sized envelope
  • DCWV deep red sticker paper
  • Narrow panel of white card run through my Big Shot in an embossing folder
  • Rubbadubbadoo heart images (two sizes) stamped on to white card using versamark ink before using pan pastels in red and rust and setting with hairspray
  • Imagine That sentiment inked using Versafine onyx black
  • Quickie glue pen used to draw round the smaller heart which was then liberally sprinkled with crystal glamour dust

On to my next project, a tag made using the video below .......





Here's how it looks right now - just pondering where to go with it now - waiting for that all important light bulb moment - wish me luck!
Materials used:
  • Cardboard tag
  • Modelling paste and background rubber stamp - to give texture
  • Dylusions spray inks: Lemon zest, London blue and Craftynotions poppy and grass green
 It's a little brighter than I normally go but bright has been my muse this past week with a few cards so I thought I'd run with it for just a little longer!

And one of my good friends made me this, for my camera, how cool is that? THANK YOU so much Wynneth - isn't it fab? Don't you just LOVE that bead closure too?



Have a great Thursday everyone - it might still be slippy in places so, watch your step whilst you're out.

12 comments:

sandie said...

Hi Kathy, great to see you back again this week and your card is stunning-I love the funky hearts and great embossing.
Your tag looks so much like the moxie fab photo from yesterday!
Thanks for joining us at CAS-Colour and Sketches x

Katiejane said...

I hope it's warming up for you and most of all melting! We still have -5 and the snow is going no where :( Hopefully next week it will get to +1 and all melt away (one would hope)!
Great card, so pretty and love how you adapted the sketch.
Wynneth is soo clever isn't she? Not to mention how kind. The perfect little home for your camera. Lovely colour too!
Katie x

clare said...

great card and what a kind gift of wynneth. must watch that video later. x

Lauren Hatwell said...

Wow! GREAT card KAthy. That really rocks my boat. I love how your tag is coming together and what a fab purple baggy for your camera. You want to watch someone with a bead or button fetish doesn't just pick that off you know ;oD

Lx

Kylie said...

Great take on the sketch, Kathy! I love that you have used 2 x hearts and your embossed panel is lovely! Thanks so much for playing along at CAS - Colours and Sketches xx

Sylv said...

Just checking out the challenge, you were very quick off the mark I still have to think what to do. Love the card the two hearts on the layered and embossed background look wonderful.

laurie said...

What a sweet valentine!

Viv said...

Gorgeous card Kathy,love that tag too. We still have snow and sick of it too, more to come now it seems also....yikes!!! :) Viv xx

catherine said...

Great take on the sketch Kathy and love the background with the hearts. Great video and will need to look for some modelling paste
x catherine

Debs M said...

love those hearts Kathy and that tag looks great -fab colours!

lovely gift from Wynneth - lucky you x

Karen (carefree creations) said...

Adorable card! Love those heart images! Thanks for joining us at CAS Colours & Sketches!

Jacqueline said...

Hi Kathy, I too have been housebound since the snow fell - I hate the stuff!!
A beautiful card - fabulous embossing and two great hearts, thanks for joining in our sketch challenge this week at CAS - Colours and Sketches - Jacqueline xx