Monday, 21 January 2013

Is it Monday or is it thaw day!????

Hi peeps,

Just a quickie from me today, and a little late too - been to the dentist! Don't panic, just a check up  - all OK and my teeth passed with flying colours!

CRIPES it was cold out there though! THANKFULLY, the sun is out now and it looks like a thaw may be setting in - soooo not sorry about that. I LOVE to look at snow - but don't like to have to go out in it. Our little road is like an ice rink but we're only a short distance from the entrance, once you get on to the more major road it's not too bad. I'm still not planning any major trips until it's all gone though.

Anyway, last evening hubby headed out to his indoor flying and I set to work on a project using the fab technique from Kate Crane - check it out ....


Woo Hoo - how cool does it look in PURPLE?
And here's a close up of the 3D look for the dragon fly

Most of you will have seen this technique on the card I made yesterday, or in the November issue of Craft Stamper (where I snagged it from) so I won't go in to too much detail (for fear of boring you) if you want to see exactly how it was achieved then please check here. All I'll say is that the flourish is by Inkadinkado and I have no idea where the dragon fly came from as it's unmounted and not in a baggy of any description. I also used the following distress inks (for a change): seedless preserves, spiced marmalade, squeezed lemonade, picked raspberry and shabby shutters. I've also included a close up so you can see how I've curled and attached the dragon fly - hope you like it.

Now, as I mentioned, a bit of a thaw has set in ... even those cats who took the opportunity to stay curled up in the warm have, apparently, gone stir crazy so headed out - those footprints weren't there when we headed out to the dentist!!

Cat prints in the snow
Even the sun is out

Happy Monday, if you still have snow and/or ice then do be careful if you are heading out.

10 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

Love the card,Kathy...great colours.
It doesn't look like it' thawing here!!

Lilian said...

Love the card Kathy, The technique looks great.
Snow is really thawing hereso here hoping we don't get and more. hugs
lilian

Craftyrose said...

Love your work Kathy! Wish I didn't have to step outside! It Was treacherous this morning again. I too had a dental appointment but had to cancel it as i didn't know who was going to open up for me. Just as well I did come in as I was the only one here for quite a bit! My office is like being sat in a freezer as well, my poor fingers are like blocks of ice!
Oh to be home making another wiper card! I am a bit hooked on these!
Take it easy chicken!
Love Rosie xx

Lauren Hatwell said...

Fabulous dragon fly there - and purple too - fancy! ;oD

Dentists at Dawn by the sound of things. Glad to hear your toothypegs got a clean bill of health.

Off now to investigate wiper cards as I have NO idea what they are but if Rosie says they're good then they must be. I need to know...

Lx

catherine said...

Another fantastic card with the technique Kathy. i just love the colours
x catherine

Aileen said...

Like you we have loads of snow too and I'm not keen on venturing out either.

But at least your mojo isn't frozen. Love your painted background. x

Katiejane said...

Gorgeous card and technique Kathy, it looks good enough to eat.
Glad to hear you got to the dentist ok and all is well :)
Careful on that ice or take your skates!
Katie x

My name is Wynneth said...

Good to hear the dentist trip went well. Hopefully the thaw has continued all day and no more snow has arrived.

Love this card, how fabulously purple too ! Lovely combination of DI's sadly I don't have Seedless Preserves ...... yet ! It clearly needs to be on my wishlist ;O)

luv
wynneth
x

Debs M said...

fabulous card - love the colours and stamping x

Lacelady said...

Love the card Kathy, plus your choice of colours and technique. I'm going to have to try it out myself.
Sorry about your snow, so I hope it'll go soon.